Head of Talent Management & Development
Human Resources – HR /
Did you notice the world of work is changing?
Malt connects the best freelancers with the most exciting companies in Europe. We pride ourselves on offering a combination of AI and human powered sourcing that is 10x more efficient than the traditional players. Plus, we offer a simple secure payments process that provides peace of mind for both parties.
We are a tech company with a human approach. Everyday thousands of people come to Malt looking for choice, who to work with, when and how.
Malt in numbers:
A community of 200,000 freelancers (the largest in Europe) 30,000 clients
32 million euros raised with ISAI, Serena and IDInvest
4 offices in Paris, Lyon, Madrid, Munich and Berlin
Twice recognised by LinkedIn as one of the best start-ups to work at
Over 200 Malters sharing one culture
50% of Malt Leaders are women, we are committed to equality and diversity
Join us and become part of the #NewWorkOrder.
About the role
Over the next 4 years Malt will scale from 200 employees in 3 countries, to over 1000 employees in at least 8 countries, becoming a Unicorn and a European Champion of the tech ecosystem.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, your mission is to design, build and improve all programs linked to talent management, talent development and compensation to support that growth.
It's a hugely important role and is directly linked to an internal target of having 50% of Malters evolve/ change jobs over the next three years. To achieve this you will work closely with the other members of the HR team and the Malt Leaders group.
• Driving a coordinated approach to Talent Management across all Malt Markets
• Improving the skills and capabilities of Malters, with a focus on high potential/ top performers
• Working closely with the other members of the HR team and business leaders to ensure the tools and methodologies are applied appropriately
• Partnering with Managers to build and update career paths for all teams
• Developing a robust compensation framework that allows us to attract and retain top talents
• Leading performance reviews and talent calibration across Malt
• Helping build a culture where every Malter can be an actor in their development, and every manager is empowered to develop and grow their team
• Using data to drive decisions with short and long term impacts taken into consideration
- At least 8 years experience in a high growth international environment
- Solid understanding of the challenges a company like Malt will face as we scale
- Experience working on projects with multiple stakeholders (e.g. as a consultant)
- Proven ability to use data to build insights, influence and challenge senior leaders appropriately
- Fluent english, a second language (ideally French, Spanish or German) would be an advantage
- Willingness to travel (when Covid let's us)
- Black belt in karaoke (or similar)
• 8 years experience in an international environment
• Pragmatic and close to the business, able to be a trusted advisor to senior leaders
• Proven experience in developing programs linked to Human Resources
• Comfortable in a fast paced environment
• Fluent english, a second European language (ideally French, Spanish or German) would be an advantage
• Proficient in karaoke
👌 Working at Malt
Today we are 200 Malters. Every Malter is responsible for upholding our values which impact how we work together and how we make talent decisions. Learn more about our culture here.
Working at Malt means you can expect:
🏫 1 week general on boarding - Learn about our product, people and culture before diving into your new role with your team
🎓 Malt academies – Internal experts give short courses on any topic
📚Free books – If it’s work related we will buy the book for you, no approval process or fuss involved
🏖 Annual off sites - Les Arcs, Amsterdam, Seville, Agadir… where next?
👩🏽💻Home Office – We believe human connection is important, but sometimes it’s easier to just focus
🎤 Karaoke – Almost since the beginning the team has been fans of Karaoke