Business Development Associate - Brussels
Sales – Business Unit Belgium /
Discover our galaxy 🪐
Malt was founded in 2013 and, since then, we have managed to become the fastest growing freelance marketplace, gathering a community of 470k+ freelancers, 50k+ companies, and 600+ Malters.
We’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solution — all on a powerful, data driven tech platform — to match companies with the right freelance talent.
But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more. It’s all about giving both freelancers and companies added peace of mind, so that every experience on Malt is nothing less than (inter)stellar.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 600+ Malters from 40+ nationalities
- Multiple offices per country (France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Middle East)
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
Explore your future career 🔭
Malt is scaling up fast and recruiting for our top-performing Sales team in order to accelerate our international growth.
We are looking for a Business Development Associate based in Brussels who will report to the Country Manager Belgium and become a key member of the Sales Team dedicated to this market.
As a BDA, you will have one main mission: to generate meetings to feed our Sales teams with qualified opportunities through outbound prospecting campaigns (emailing + LinkedIn + telephone).
Key responsibilities ✨
- Prospecting and building a sales pipeline through digital acquisition, cold calling & social media
- Identify key decision makers and influencers and target them with a personalized outbound strategy
- Build a list of prospects, set up emailing sequences and optimize emailing campaigns
- Prepare phoning listings in collaboration with the Growth Team (based in our HQ in Paris)
- Call a high volume of prospects per week to increase awareness about Malt and generate meetings
- Contact key decision makers through LinkedIn or Twitter to increase awareness and start conversations
- Generate potential leads by attending networking events
- Manage lead data in the CRM, ensuring all communications are recorded, information is accurate and documents are attached
About you 🧑🚀
- Fluent in either Dutch or French plus a professional command of English
- A first experience in new business development (BDR, SDR, …) is a strong plus, motivated young graduates may also apply
- Mastery of Excel
- A hunter & commercial mindset that wants to fuel Malt’s hypergrowth
- Determination, perseverance, good listening skills, curiosity, analytical skills and rigor
How to join the mission? 🚀
- 💬 First chat with Arno, our Talent Manager Benelux
- 🧑💻 Interview with Chris, our Strategic Account Manager to discuss your experience and the role in more detail
- 📊 Business case with Malik, our Country Manager and Corentin, Sales Operations Manager
- 🏁 Final round with Quentin, GM Northern Europe
- 🇧🇪 Meeting the team in the Brussels office
- ☎️ You will be contacted back within 48h
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other Malter at our office in Paris
- Equity: Every Malter is entitled to stock options
- Transportation: 100% transport indemnity - up to 49€
- Lunch vouchers: Monizze, 8€/day
- Home office allowance: 160€ for home office and internet
- Premium healthcare coverage provided by Alan
- Malt sabbatical: After three years of service, every Malter is entitled to one month of sabbatical leave.
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt’s business, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: Hybrid remote policy
- Annual off-sites: Les Arcs, Amsterdam, Ibiza… Where next ?
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐