Business Development Manager - Big 4 Consultancies
Sales – Business Unit UK /
UK Permanent employee
Discover our galaxy 🪐
Malt was founded in 2013 and, since then, we have managed to become the fastest growing freelance marketplace, gathering a community of 470k+ freelancers, 50k+ companies, and 600+ Malters.
We’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solution — all on a powerful, data driven tech platform — to match companies with the right freelance talent. But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more. It’s all about giving both freelancers and companies added peace of mind, so that every experience on Malt is nothing less than (inter)stellar.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 600+ Malters from 40+ nationalities
- Multiple offices per country (United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Middle East)
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
Explore your future career 🔭
About the role:
Following a Series C round of funding and our acquisition of COMATCH, we are now not just the fastest growing marketplace for freelance tech and digital talent, but also for independent consulting. Having opened our first Malt office in the heart of London, we are assembling a highly motivated and entrepreneurial team to drive accelerated growth. As individuals, we are a highly commercial and ambitious team with a passion for business. We strive to always maintain a fun, collaborative and supportive work environment.
As part of the acquisition and initial launch team, we are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager with an appetite to build long standing relationships. In this role you will be responsible for acquiring, establishing, and nurturing long-term partnerships with clients. This is a challenging “full-stack” sales role that will directly contribute to the commercial expansion of Malt.
Key responsibilities ✨
- Build new business relationships and retain, grow and nurture these relationships.
- Design, implement, and execute your go to market plan to grow your business with each account.
- Effectively collaborate with internal teams (marketing, sourcing, finance, C-levels…) to ensure long-term client success.
- Become a trusted advisor for your clients, help them adapt their organisation and processes to make the most out of their flexible talent strategy.
- Get a precise understanding of the rise of freelancing and the associated challenges and opportunities for large companies in the UK (eg. IR35).
- Educate the market on the power of using independent consultants and freelancers to become more agile and flexible.
- Provide local insights from users on how to further enhance the product and Malt value proposition.
- Support the UK launch and the entire commercial team with the production of external analyses and benchmarks, optimization of the customer experience, sharing of sector analyses, sharing of freelance feedback, etc.
About you 🧑🚀
- 3 to 6 years of experience in B2B sales, ideally having gained a strong network in the UK
- Proven experience of target driven sales and account management experience, preferably in one of the Big 4 consultancy firms
- Native-level fluency in English
- Excellent formal communication and presentation skills that can be used with C-level decision makers
- Self-starter capable of working independently
- Excited about working as a new entrant in a competitive market where things are rapidly changing
- Data-driven and results oriented, with a bias towards action
- Able to effectively consider the short, medium, and long-term needs of clients
- Able to travel within the UK along with occasional trips to Paris (HQ)
- Comfortable working with different cultures and communication styles
How to join the mission? 🚀
- Screening with Sophie, Talent Acquisition Manager, to better understand your background, aspirations and answer your questions. (30 minutes)
- Case study presentation with two of our Business Development Managers (1 hour)
- Interview with Will, your future manager, to discuss your experience and how it would align with this role (45-60 minutes)
- Final interview with Quentin (General Manager) to discuss Malt’s long term vision and to check any remaining questions.
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
🤝 Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
🏖️ Annual leave: 30 days/year
📆 Sabbatical: 1 month paid sabbatical once you've been with Malt for 3 years
💰 Bonus scheme: Opportunity to earn based on your performance!
📈 Stock options: Every Malter is entitled to stock options
📚 Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to your career, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow
💻 Remote work: Hybrid remote policy
✈️ Annual off-sites: Les Arcs, Amsterdam, Ibiza… Where next ?
🩺 Private health insurance: Rewarded for healthy living by our UK provider Vitality
🚴 Cycle to work scheme: Save on a bike and equipment
🚊 Season ticket loan: Save on public transport
💸 Pension: Malt contributes 5% through Aviva
🐶 Dog friendly office: In the heart of London!
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐