Key Account Manager - Madrid
Sales – Business Unit Spain /
Discover our galaxy 🪐
Since 2013, when Malt was founded by Vincent Huguet and Hugo Lassiège, we have become Europe’s fastest-growing freelance marketplace.
By acquiring Comatch (the Berlin-based leading marketplace for top freelance management consultants and industry experts) in 2022, we’re now home to a dynamic community of 430k+ freelancers, 50k+ companies, and 500+ Malters.
We’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solutions—all on a powerful, data driven—to match companies with the right freelance talent.
But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 500+ Malters from 40 countries
- Offices in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Middle East
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
- Recognized twice by LinkedIn as one of the best start-ups to work at
About the role
We are looking for a highly experienced Business Developer/ Key Account Manager who is ambitious and able to position themselves as a digital transformation consultant and trusted advisor. You will manage large accounts and will actively seek new clients, helping them understand the value of working with freelancers and (specifically) Malt. You will work in a challenging, exciting and fast paced environment in a rapidly growing start-up.
As one of the Key Account Managers in Spain you will develop a strategic approach to identify and prospect new customers. Of course bringing your own portfolio of contacts in IT, Marketing, or procurement positions is a big plus.
As a Key Account manager, your missions will include
- Working as a team to develop the business in Spain, sharing best practices with each other and with other countries
- Prospecting and developing a portfolio of large accounts with a "solution selling" mindset, achieving (and exceeding) the targets in terms of sales and quality KPIs.
- Using our sales stack (Salesforce, Linkedin Sales Navigator /our back office, Slack, Chartio) to structure your approach and increase your efficiency
- Using feedback from the market and your customers to share feedback with the marketing and product teams to continuously evolve the product.
- Educated to degree level, with a minimum 3 years experience in a commercial B2B role.
- Experienced in the world of recruitment (Staffing or Web agencies) or digital, SaaS, IT & Services.
- Strong "hunting" ability to develop a customer portfolio, and evangelize the Malt model, increasing conversion and repeat rates.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, curious with intellectual agility
- Own portfolio of contacts on the C-level is highly appreciated
- Ability to understand the issues and objectives given by customers to offer the best approach
- Strong ability to negotiate, forecast sales, speed of execution and organization
- Team spirit is a must
- Totally fluent in Spanish (native level) and fluent in English.
- Other languages are a plus.
- The position is based in Madrid with possible travels depending on your portfolio.
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
- Equity: Every Malter is entitled to stock options
- Premium healthcare coverage: Alan
- Malt sabbatical: After three years of service, every malter is entitled to one month of sabbatical leave.
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt’s business, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: Hybrid remote policy
- Annual off-sites: Les Arcs, Amsterdam, Ibiza… Where next ?
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐