Account Manager - Paris
Sales – Business Unit France /
Discover our galaxy 🪐
Since 2013, when Malt was founded by Vincent Huguet and Hugo Lassiège, we have become Europe’s fastest-growing freelance marketplace.
By acquiring Comatch (the Berlin-based leading marketplace for top freelance management consultants and industry experts) in 2022, we’re now home to a dynamic community of 430k+ freelancers, 50k+ companies, and 500+ Malters.
We’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solutions—all on a powerful, data driven—to match companies with the right freelance talent.
But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 500+ Malters from 40 countries
- Offices in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Middle East
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
- Recognized twice by LinkedIn as one of the best start-ups to work at
About the Role:
Following a Series C round of funding, Malt is scaling up fast and recruiting for our top-performing Sales team in order to accelerate our exponential growth.
We are looking for Account Managers in charge of acquiring, establishing, and nurturing long-term partnerships with our most important clients.
This is a challenging “full-stack” sales role that will directly contribute to the commercial expansion of Malt all while building quality relationships with our key accounts.
I. Develop a portfolio of active clients within key accounts
- Acquire, from their portfolio of prospects and clients, a precise understanding of the rise of freelancing and the associated challenges
- Accompany them in the analysis of their organizational environments and their relationship to freelancing
- Convince them of the benefits of using a platform built on an open model that federates the leading community of freelancers in Europe
II. Develop the “Malt Reflex”
AMs and KAMs hold a "trusted advisor" position and establish a long-term support relationship with their clients. They play a key role in bringing value to the various client stakeholders through:
- Identifying new needs in advance, for a rapid and qualitative response in the proposal of new expert profiles
- Conducting meetings (regular or ad-hoc) and presenting deliverables on an ongoing basis: contractual follow-up points, production of external analyses and benchmarks, optimization of the customer experience, sharing of sector analyses, sharing of freelance feedback, etc.
Our Sales team is organized into Business Units that correspond to the industry sectors of our clients. Each BU is composed of Account Managers, Key Account Managers, and Customer Success Managers.
💼 Career Development:
Here at Malt we have a clearly defined career path to accompany our teammates in their professional growth.
The Sales team consists of different levels of seniority: AM, KAM, Senior KAM, SAM and BU Manager, BU Director.
You also have the opportunity to develop as an individual contributor or team leader: you will join an adventure where much is still to be done and where taking initiative is highly valued (organizing events, actively participating in conferences, internal training with our peers, etc.)
About Your Profile:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar role, especially with complex B2B sales processes
- Business school degree or equivalent
- Excellent formal communication and presentation skills in order to organize and lead C-level meetings
- Appetite for business development and eager to hunt and create new opportunities to break ground in an industry where partnerships have yet to be built
- Your curiosity and ability to establish and formalize the short, medium, and long-term needs of clients make the difference
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, intellectually stimulating environment that is both caring and demanding
- Knowledge of the tech industry (languages and frameworks) is a real asset
- You are a native French speaker with fully professional English and comfortable in an international environment
Our Recruitment process:
- First call with Renée, our Talent Acquisition Manager, to better understand your background and share more about this opportunity
- First interview with one of our Key Account Managers to discuss your experience in more detail, address situational questions and better understand our expectations
- Business case to present to a BUM and a VP Sales to evaluate your sales skills
- Final interview with a C-Level to give you an overview of Malt's strategy
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
- Equity: Every Malter is entitled to stock options
- Lunch vouchers: €9/day on your Swile card.
- Transportation: 50% reimbursement (any type of transport)
- RTT: From 8 to 12 days off
- Malt sabbatical: After three years of service, every malter is entitled to one month of sabbatical leave.
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt’s business, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: Hybrid remote policy
- Annual off-sites: Les Arcs, Amsterdam, Ibiza… Where next ?
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐