Senior Analytics Engineer
Engineering – Data /
Discover our galaxy 🪐
Malt was founded in 2013 and, since then, we managed to become the fastest growing freelance marketplace gathering a community of 550k+ freelancers, 70k+ companies, and 700+ Malters.
We’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solutions—all on a powerful, data driven—to match companies with the right freelance talent.
But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fuelled by 700+ Malters from 40 nationalities
- Multiple offices per country (France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Middle East)
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
Explore your future career 🔭
Malt is growing rapidly. In order to reach our ambitious goals, we're looking for a great Senior Analytics Engineer to join the growing data team.
The Data team works very closely with the product team to create a world where everyone is free to choose the best people to work with.
At Malt, we believe that curiosity is an asset. The whole team participates in the product architecture, we regularly engage in discussions on the best way to do things.
We are organized in tribes. Each tribe is responsible for a part of the product from floor to ceiling (user research, design, architecture, support, technical debt, production...), and imagines the best solutions to reach the product OKRs and thus contribute directly to the company's growth.
The team also actively participates in writing articles on our blog: blog.malt.engineering
Here you can understand how it works under the hood at Malt. We talk about product and engineering.
Key responsibilities ✨
- Prototype and implement data modeling to enable analytics, data science and data self-service across Malt.
- Build or identify data tools to scale the data team, ensure good governance of data and accelerate data development at Malt
- Empower the teams across Malt to answer data questions quickly and easily by building high-quality ground truth data sets, metrics and dashboards.
- Advance the Data discipline at Malt, including driving data best practices such as improving and automating analytical processes, building new data tools and data sets, data education around the company and mentoring and developing others.
- Collaborate with engineering to instrument our product and spec out logging for features or internal tools.
About you 🧑🚀
- 5+ years in industry experience and a degree (Masters or PhD is a plus) in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science, Operations Research).
- Experience working with tech and product
- Experience designing and building metrics, from conception to building prototypes with data pipelines
- Strong knowledge of SQL and python
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive and cooperative attitude that fosters collaboration and teamwork both inside and outside the department
- Ability to make thoughtful decisions in real time to provide support and solve problems as they arise
- Comfortable in navigating and excelling in fast-paced environments with no playbook for success, and able to simplify
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
- Equity: Every Malter is entitled to stock options
- Lunch vouchers: €9/day on your Swile card.
- Transportation: 50% reimbursement (any type of transport)
- RTT: From 8 to 12 days off
- Malt sabbatical: After three years, every Malter is entitled to a one month paid sabbatical leave.
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt’s business, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: full remote, with a possibility to work from any of our offices
- Annual team building events
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐