Community Builder - Toulouse
Community – Community /
FR Executive/Cadre /
Discover our galaxy 🪐
Since 2013, when Malt was founded by Vincent Huguet and Hugo Lassiège, we have become Europe’s fastest-growing freelance marketplace.
By acquiring Comatch (the Berlin-based leading marketplace for top freelance management consultants and industry experts) in 2022, we’re now home to a dynamic community of 430k+ freelancers, 50k+ companies, and 500+ Malters.
We’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solutions—all on a powerful, data driven—to match companies with the right freelance talent.
But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 500+ Malters from 40 countries
- Offices in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Middle East
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
- Recognized twice by LinkedIn as one of the best start-ups to work at
Explore your future career 🔭
As Malt is growing quickly, we are looking for motivated people to join our community team!
Community is at the heart of almost everything we do at Malt. Our community in France has more than 300,000 freelancers with varied expertise and backgrounds: tech, project managers, support functions, product designers, marketing consultants, and much more.
The mission of the Freelance Community & Sourcing team is to attract, activate and hire high-value freelancers based on the local market.
As a Community Builder, you will work closely with our local sales team in Toulouse, as well as with the community team at headquarters and other French regions.
Key responsabilities ✨
- Sourcing - 80%
- Collaborate closely with the key accounts managers in Toulouse, supporting their freelancers sourcing requests for Corporate clients:
- Find the best freelancers on Malt on other internal sourcing solutions to meet key account clients’ needs and be a strong recruitment partner for the clients due to your insights on the freelance market, the rate charged, skills and expectations of freelancers in the required jobs
- Advise our top clients on writing strong briefings to attract the best freelancers
- Conduct occasional qualification interviews with freelancers at the client’s request to select the most suited ones. You are an expert for the Malt algorithm and the associated best practices
- Community building - 20%
- Develop the community of the most sought-after freelancers in the local market, in line with the needs of the Sales teams : hunt proactively using both internal and external channels (e.g. LinkedIn or other jobboards).
- Organize events to support our growth and engage our community (6 events per year)
- Host onboarding calls to help top talent in your market get started and recruit staff.
- Follow our freelancers at the end of their mission to proactively offer them new opportunities.
- Defend the needs and requirements of the freelance community in Occitanie to global product, marketing and operations teams
About you 🧑🚀
- At least 4 years experience in sales, recruitment, community building and/or growth hacking
- Experiences in marketplace or startup/scale-up environments in a plus
- Good knowledge of Toulouse economic environment and work experiences in this region
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work autonomously while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent sense of services, finding solutions to help freelancers succeed on Malt is part of your motivation pillars Natural networker and relationship builder (including over the phone/zoom)
- Affinity for communicating via social media
- Data-driven and results oriented, with a bias towards action
- Comfortable with changing tasks and responsibilities as the situation requires
- Able to travel quarterly to Paris Comfortable working in a hyper-growth environment
- Language skills: fluency in French and professional level in English
How to join the mission ? 🚀
- A first interview with Elisa, our Talent Acquisition Manager, to better understand your background, expectations, and answer your questions (45-60 minutes).
- Interview with Marion Belhaimer (our Team lead Community Builder) and Emmanuel Lamare (the sales Regional Manager) to discuss your experience and the role in more detail (45-60 minutes)
- A business case to put into situation and review with Marion Belhaimer and Camille Maillard (our Head of Community France)
- Final interview with a C-Level, Reda Mahfoud, our General Manager France, to discuss Malt's long term vision
- ☎️ Proposal within 48h