Business Unit Manager - Brussels
Sales – Business Unit Belgium /
Discover our galaxy 🪐
Malt was founded in 2013 and, since then, we have managed to become the fastest growing freelance marketplace, gathering a community of 470k+ freelancers, 50k+ companies, and 600+ Malters.
We’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solution — all on a powerful, data driven tech platform — to match companies with the right freelance talent.
But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more. It’s all about giving both freelancers and companies added peace of mind, so that every experience on Malt is nothing less than (inter)stellar.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 600+ Malters from 40+ nationalities
- Multiple offices per country (France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Middle East)
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
Following a Series C round of funding, Malt is scaling up fast and expanding our top-performing Sales team in order to accelerate our growth.
To accompany our exponential growth in Belgium, Malt is hiring a Business Unit Manager in Brussels who will be in charge of acquiring, establishing, and nurturing long-term partnerships with enterprise accounts. The BUM will also manage a team of KAMs and help them reach their objectives.
This is a challenging “full-stack” sales role that will directly contribute to the commercial expansion of Malt Belgium, while building quality relationships with our key accounts. You will report directly to our Country Manager Malik.
You missions will include:
Territory planning & portfolio management:
- Build, run and own a part of the Country Sales targets
- Allocate territories, accounts and objectives to your sales execs with sales ops support to reach and surpass the BU target
- Use and keep growing your network to support your targets and the ones of your colleagues from the Sales department (“Teamwork is dreamwork”)
- Nail and run top key meetings with C-Levels (CTO, CDO, CPO, CEO) on Corporate-side
- Manage and motivate the team through weekly BU meetings, 1-1: business reviews, animation, offsites
- Manage the career path of your team members : communicate career paths, current role/seniority, development plan, objectives and provide frequent feedback on their work
- Define your recruitment needs and lead the recruitment (incl screening & closing)
- Accurately report and forecast the business activity as requested by your manager
- Deeply understand the key challenges of your BU sectors to become a business partner of your clients
- Grow a network for influencers at strategic account levels, “Warm accounts” to accelerate your new team member’s ramp-upLead RFI / RFP process of your BU
- Lead Quarterly Business Reviews with the top clients of your BU
- Lead by example by developing your own pipeline and signing key accounts mastering Malt sales pitch, the product, the sales tools, the CRM
Interactions and partnerships with other teams:
- Partner with Sourcing, Community, Marketing and Sales Ops teams to give your Sales more levers to sell and take advantage of the key initiatives.
- Give feedback to the Product team to improve Malt according to your clients’ needs
- Share best practices cross-BU, with other BUs in Spain and with other countries
About Your Profile:
- Fluent in English with a very good command of Dutch or French
- +10 years of experience in complex sales roles, including new business development and people management
- Experience in complex selling cycles, overcoming hurdles with clients 120% committed to make the numbers
- Strong management skills: ability to empower your team, you know how to adapt your management style to the person and situation
- Solid hunting and farming skills, able to handle meetings with C-Level and multiple stakeholder management
- Data driven, process and results-oriented
- Having an expertise and a network in a specific sector is a plus (Energy, Telco, Pharma, Finance, …)
- Ambitious for your BU
- Good listening, adapting to personality/ situation/needs of different people
- Capable of giving constructive feedback
- Able to define a BU annual plan and to monitor plan execution
Our recruitment process:
💬 First chat with Arno, our Talent Manager Benelux
🧑💻 Interview with Chris, our Strategic Account Manager to discuss your experience and the role in more detail
🇧🇪 Meeting the team in the Brussels office
☎️ You will be contacted back within 48h
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other Malter at our office in Paris
- Equity: Every Malter is entitled to stock options
- Transportation: 100% transport indemnity - up to 49€
- Lunch vouchers: Monizze, 8€/day
- Home office allowance: 160€ for home office and internet
- Premium healthcare coverage provided by Alan
- Malt sabbatical: After three years of service, every Malter is entitled to one month of sabbatical leave.
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt’s business, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: Hybrid remote policy
- Annual off-sites: Les Arcs, Amsterdam, Ibiza… Where next ?
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐