Stage - Key Account Sales Manager
Internships – Internships /
Discover our galaxy 🪐
Since 2013, when Malt was founded by Vincent Huguet and Hugo Lassiège, we have become Europe’s fastest-growing freelance marketplace.
By acquiring Comatch (the Berlin-based leading marketplace for top freelance management consultants and industry experts) in 2022, we’re now home to a dynamic community of 550k+ freelancers, 70k+ companies, and 700+ Malters.
We’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solutions—all on a powerful, data driven—to match companies with the right freelance talent.
But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 700+ Malters from 40 countries
- Offices in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Middle East
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
- Recognized twice by LinkedIn as one of the best start-ups to work at
Explore your future career 🔭:
Integrated into the Sales department of Malt, your role will be to assist throughout every stage of the sales cycle, from prospecting to signing contracts, including customer meetings, defining needs, promoting the advantages of Malt and finally building customer loyalty. You will help companies to find the best freelancers to answer their needs!
Being an intern at Malt means supporting your manager in their day-to-day actions through teamwork all while becoming autonomous by developing your own customer portfolio.
If you're looking for a highly formative sales experience, this internship is a great opportunity to learn.
If everything goes well, you will be able to continue the Malt adventure with a permanent contract directly after your internship!
Key responsibilities ✨:
- Build sales action plans for major accounts in collaboration with your Key Account Manager (map the challenges and current events of an account, define the key decision-makers, and the associated conquest actions)
- Moderate and qualify customers by gathering relevant information (project feasibility, size of the structure, sector, needs, stakes, etc.)
- Prospect for new clients using our different tools (Linkedin Sales Navigator, Salesloft and our CRM) to obtain telephone appointments
- Assist in the preparation of client meetings, identify key information about the potential client, and define the objectives and key messages to be conveyed
- Help your clients in their search for freelancers and help them discover the best profiles in collaboration with the Sourcing team
- Collect feedback from clients and interpret it to propose improvements to the platform
- Work in collaboration with our product team on our own CRM to improve the efficiency of the team on a daily basis
- Collaborate with your Key Account Manager (assist the negotiation of global agreements and the response to call for tenders)
About you 🧑🚀:
- Currently enrolled in business school or similar and looking for an internship for January 2024 for a period of 6 months
- Ideally with previous experience in a sales department
- Very proactive, organized, responsible, and autonomous
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish quality relationships with your contacts: clients and freelancers
- A fluent level of English is important to be able to communicate with an international team
- A native level of French is essential for this role
How to join the mission? 🚀
- First call in French with Aurélia (our Talent Acquisition Specialist), to better understand your background, aspirations and answer your questions (30 minutes)
- Interview with members of the Sales team to discuss your experience and the role in more detail (45-60 minutes)
- Meeting with the head of Sales of your department
- Your profile is validated, and will welcome you in our Parisian office in January 2024 !
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
- Paid vacation - 1 paid day/month worked for interns, 5 weeks/year for apprenticeships
- Lunch vouchers: €9/day on your Swile card
- Transportation: 50% reimbursement (any type of transport)
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt’s business, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: Hybrid remote policy
- Annual team building events
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐