Account Manager SMB - Paris
SMB – BU SMB /
FR Executive/Cadre /
Discover our galaxy 🪐
Since 2013, when Malt was founded by Vincent Huguet and Hugo Lassiège, we have become Europe’s fastest-growing freelance marketplace.
By acquiring Comatch (the Berlin-based leading marketplace for top freelance management consultants and industry experts) in 2022, we’re now home to a dynamic community of 550k+ freelancers, 70k+ companies, and 700+ Malters.
We’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solution — all on a powerful, data driven tech platform — to match companies with the right freelance talent.
But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 700+ Malters from 40 countries
- Offices and teams in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Switzerland and the Middle East
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
- Recognized twice by LinkedIn as one of the best start-ups to work at
Explore your future career 🔭
To accompany our strong growth, Malt is hiring an Account Manager SMB to manage our mid-market clients in France, especially the most promising startups and scale-ups of the French Tech 120.
Reporting to our Team Lead, your role will include onboarding, reactivating, and guiding our top SMB clients in order to guarantee our value proposition and generate new business.
Key responsibilities ✨
- Develop a portfolio of active clients within SMB accounts
- Create long-term trust-based relationships with clients to remain “top of mind” when it comes to finding the best freelance talent
- Prospect C-Levels to get meetings and key insights in order to have a global vision of the account potential
- Close opportunities by ensuring the conversion of leads into projects
- Collaborate closely with the Community team on client briefs and follow-ups
- Accompany clients in their search to help them connect to our best freelance profiles
- Guarantee the quality of projects posted on Malt by ensuring that requests comply with our charter of conduct put in place to protect freelancers
- Closely monitor French Tech trends and utilize this information to produce effective sales plans and forecasts within top accounts
About you 🧑🚀
- 1 to 3 years of previous sales experience ideally in SaaS platform/marketplace environment
- Excellent listening skills and capacity to create trust-based relationships
- Curiosity and ability to understand the short, medium, and long term needs of top B2B clients
- Ready to succeed in a dynamic, challenging, and caring work environment
- Knowledge of the tech industry (languages and frameworks) is a real plus
- French speaker with a professional level of English and at home in an international environment
How to join the mission? 🚀
- First call with Elisa, Senior Talent Acquisition Manager, to better understand your background, your expectations and answer your questions
- A first interview with a team member to discuss your background in more detail, answer situational questions and better understand our expectations
- A business case with two members of the team to test your sales skills
- Final interview with Nicolas, GM SMB, to give you an overview of Malt's strategy and long-term vision
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
- Equity: Every Malter is entitled to stock options
- Lunch vouchers (legal benefit): €9/day on your Swile card.
- Transportation (legal benefit): 50% reimbursement (any type of transport)
- RTT: From 8 to 12 days off
- Sports: company participation to a Gymlib membership
- Malt sabbatical: After three years, every Malter is entitled to a one month paid sabbatical leave.
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt’s business, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: Hybrid remote policy
- Annual team building events
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐