Account Manager - Munich (m/f/d)
Sales – Business Unit Germany /
Discover our galaxy 🪐
Since 2013, when Malt was founded by Vincent Huguet and Hugo Lassiège, we have become Europe’s fastest-growing freelance marketplace.
By acquiring Comatch (the Berlin-based leading marketplace for top freelance management consultants and industry experts) in 2022, we’re now home to a dynamic community of 430k+ freelancers, 50k+ companies, and 500+ Malters.
We’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solutions—all on a powerful, data driven—to match companies with the right freelance talent.
But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 500+ Malters from 40 countries
- Offices in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Middle East
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
- Recognized twice by LinkedIn as one of the best start-ups to work at
About the role
As an Account Manager you will be mentored by an experienced Key Account Manager. You will be responsible for developing and growing your own portfolio of mid size / start-up clients. As a trusted advisor will actively work to ensure Malt is always top of mind, acting in your clients interest and ensuring a world class service. Our ambition for Malt Germany is inline with the fact that Germany is the biggest economy in Europe. To succeed you will need an entrepreneurial mindset, to be adaptable, and you will going the extra mile to see things grow rapidly.
- Develop the “Malt reflex” with new and existing clients, build and maintain strong client relationships for key accounts, mid size companies and startups Act as the main point of contact for customers in your portfolio
- Onboard new clients and users, ensuring they understand all the functions and advantages of Malt
- Reactivate existing clients to generate new / repeat business
- Support clients in their search for freelancers, help them discover the best profiles and get the best out of all our services
- 2+ year of experience in sales or business development role
- Your education will not be a deciding factor, but you are probably educated to degree level in a business related field
- Previous experience in sales with a strong ability to prospect, you are not afraid to pick up the phone and call people (ideal profile is a "Hunter")
- Rigorous and reliable, makes you a trusted partner for your clients and colleagues
- Ambition to be beyond your own goals and thus add value to paint and yourself
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Fluent English and German
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
- 30 days of vacation
- Employee Stock Options so you can own the business with us as we grow it
- Malt sabbatical: After three years of service, every malter is entitled to one month of sabbatical leave.
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt’s business, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: Hybrid remote policy
- Annual off-sites: Les Arcs, Amsterdam, Ibiza… Where next ?
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐