Head of Group Cash Management / Treasury
Finance – Finance & Accounting /
Discover our galaxy 🪐
Since 2013, when Malt was founded by Vincent Huguet and Hugo Lassiège, we have become Europe’s fastest-growing freelance marketplace.
By acquiring Comatch (the Berlin-based leading marketplace for top freelance management consultants and industry experts) in 2022, we’re now home to a dynamic community of 550k+ freelancers, 70k+ companies, and 700+ Malters.
We’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solution — all on a powerful, data driven tech platform — to match companies with the right freelance talent.
But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 700+ Malters from 40 countries
- Offices in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Middle East
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
- Recognized twice by LinkedIn as one of the best start-ups to work at
Explore your future career 🔭
Malt is seeking a highly skilled and strategic Head of Cash Management to structure our treasury operations across the organization. As a vital member of our finance team reporting directly to the CFO, you will be responsible for efficiently managing the company's liquidity, optimizing cash flows, and ensuring compliance with financial regulations in various jurisdictions. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in treasury operations, risk management, and financial strategy, combined with excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Cash Management and Forecasting:
- Develop and implement cash management strategies to ensure optimal liquidity across multiple bank accounts and legal entities (cash pooling)
- Prepare regular treasury reports, cash flow forecasts, and financial analyses for senior management.
- Monitor cash positions and forecasts to effectively manage short-term funding requirements and investment opportunities.
- Collaborate with various departments (and within the Finance team with FP&A and Accounting) to gather accurate cash flow projections and maintain cash flow models.
- Maintain relationships with partner banks, negotiate terms, and manage banking services and fees.
- Monitor bank account structures to streamline operations and minimize risk.
- Risk Management: Identify and assess financial risks associated with currency fluctuations, interest rates, and other market variables.
- Implement risk mitigation strategies to safeguard the company's financial stability.
- Treasury Operations: Oversee day-to-day treasury activities, including cash disbursements, collections, and intercompany transactions.Manage electronic banking platforms and ensure efficient use of technology for cash management.
- Debt Management: Manage the company's debt portfolio, including monitoring covenants, repayment schedules, and interest rates. Evaluate refinancing opportunities to reduce interest costs and improve financial flexibility.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master degree in Corporate Finance, Accounting, or a related field;
- 7 years of experience in treasury management, preferably in a multinational scale-up with complex cash management needs.
- Strong knowledge of international banking practices, cash management solutions, and financial instruments.
- Proficiency in financial software and treasury management systems; experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems is advantageous.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate across departments and cultures.
- Adaptability to changing business environments and willingness to travel occasionally.
How to join the mission? 🚀
A first Google Meet call with Hamza, Talent Acquisition Manager.
Then, a second interview with Nicolas Roux, Chief Finance Officer, your future N+1.
A business case to test your skills.
A final interview, with Alexandre Fretti our CEO and you join us!
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
- Equity: Every Malter is entitled to stock options
- Lunch vouchers (legal benefit): €9/day on your Swile card.
- Transportation (legal benefit): 50% reimbursement (any type of transport)
- RTT: From 8 to 12 days off
- Sports: company participation to a Gymlib membership
- Malt sabbatical: After three years, every Malter is entitled to a one month paid sabbatical leave.
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt’s business, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: Hybrid remote policy
- Annual team building events
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐