Key Account Manager DACH (m/f/d)
Sales – Business Unit Germany /
Discover our galaxy 🪐
Since 2013, when Malt was founded by Vincent Huguet and Hugo Lassiège, we have become Europe’s fastest-growing freelance marketplace.
By acquiring Comatch (the Berlin-based leading marketplace for top freelance management consultants and industry experts) in 2022, we’re now home to a dynamic community of 430k+ freelancers, 50k+ companies, and 500+ Malters.
We’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solutions—all on a powerful, data driven—to match companies with the right freelance talent.
But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 500+ Malters from 40 countries
- Offices in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Middle East
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
- Recognized twice by LinkedIn as one of the best start-ups to work at
About the role
As a Key Account Manager you will be responsible for developing and growing your own portfolio of clients. As a trusted advisor will actively work to ensure Malt is always top of mind, acting in your clients interest and ensuring a world class service. Our ambition for Malt Germany is inline with the fact that Germany is the biggest economy in Europe. To succeed you will need an entrepreneurial mindset, to be adaptable, and you will going the extra mile to see things grow rapidly.
As a Key Account Manager, your missions will be to
- Establish targeted commercial strategies and respective targets as well as a a solution selling approach
- Develop a portfolio of midsize/scale ups accounts, up to a few large big bets (DAX40, TECDAX)
- Listen to needs of the market and your clients and share your insights with the marketing and product team
- Collaborate with the team to develop and share best practices
- Support the clients in finding the best freelancers corresponding to their needs for high-profile projects
- Use our CRM to structure your approach and multiply your efficiency
- Collaborate with the technical team on demos and tools
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a commercial B2B role, ideally in a recruiting space (staffing, IT personnel services), SaaS or IT & services
- Strong hunting skills to develop a portfolio of clients and evangelise the Malt model
- Excellent networker, capability to develop high-quality relationships with clients and freelancers alike
- Curiosity, intellectual flexibility and willingness to achieve objectives
- Ability to understand frame conditions and objectives given by the client in order to propose the best approach, considering your sales cycle
- Strong negotiation skills, sales planning, implementation speed and organisation
- Team spirit and willingness to deliver
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Fluent English and German
Our recruitment process
- 30 minute video call with Chloé, Talent Manager
- In a second step you will meet with Michele Iozzo, our VP Sales DACH
- Business case with our colleagues and your future manager
- Finally you meet with Dirk Henke, General Manager DACH
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
- 30 days of vacation
- Employee Stock Options so you can own the business with us as we grow it
- Malt sabbatical: After three years of service, every malter is entitled to one month of sabbatical leave.
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt’s business, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: Hybrid remote policy
- Annual off-sites: Les Arcs, Amsterdam, Ibiza… Where next ?
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐