Senior Business Development Manager Belgium
Sales – Business Unit Belgium /
Discover our galaxy 🪐
Since 2013, when Malt was founded by Vincent Huguet and Hugo Lassiège, we have become Europe’s fastest-growing freelance marketplace.
By acquiring Comatch (the Berlin-based leading marketplace for top freelance management consultants and industry experts) in 2022, we’re now home to a dynamic community of 430k+ freelancers, 50k+ companies, and 500+ Malters.
We’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solutions—all on a powerful, data driver—to match companies with the right freelance talent.
But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 500+ Malters from 40 countries
- Offices in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Middle East
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
- Recognized twice by LinkedIn as one of the best start-ups to work at
About the Role:
Following a Series C round of funding, Malt is scaling up fast and recruiting for our top-performing Sales team in order to accelerate our international growth.
We are looking for Senior Business Developers based in Brussels who will be in charge of acquiring, establishing, and nurturing long-term partnerships with our most important enterprise accounts. This is a challenging “full-stack” sales role that will directly contribute to the commercial expansion of Malt all while building quality relationships with our key accounts.
As one of the pioneers in Belgium you will have a focus on developing and hunting new relationships with clients. You will also have a strategic impact (definition of go to market, positioning against competition) and you will shape the culture of the local team for the years to come. We are looking for entrepreneurial/builders/optimistic individuals.
I. Develop a portfolio of active clients within corporate clients:
- Acquire, from their portfolio of prospects and clients, a precise understanding of the rise of freelancing and the associated challenges
- Accompany them in the analysis of their organizational environments and their relationship to freelancing
- Convince them of the benefits of using a platform built on an open model that federates the leading community of freelancers in Europe
II. Develop the “Malt Reflex”:
KAMs hold a "trusted advisor" position and establish a long-term support relationship with their clients. They play a key role in bringing value to the various client stakeholders through:
- Identifying new needs in advance, for a rapid and qualitative response in the proposal of new expert profiles
- Conducting meetings (regular or ad-hoc) and presenting deliverables on an ongoing basis: contractual follow-up points, production of external analyses and benchmarks, optimization of the customer experience, sharing of sector analyses, sharing of freelance feedback, etc.
💼 Career Development:
Here at Malt we have a clearly defined career path to accompany our teammates in their professional growth.
You also have the opportunity to develop as an individual contributor or team leader: you will join an adventure where much is still to be done and where taking initiative is highly valued (organizing events, actively participating in conferences, internal training with our peers, etc.)
- Fully fluent Dutch and English speaker, French is a plus but not required
- 5+ years of experience in a B2B sales role with a focus on new business development
- Experience in managing complex sales processes with multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of the tech industry and/or consulting sector (languages and frameworks) is a must
- Business school degree or equivalent
- Excellent formal communication and presentation skills in order to organize and lead C-level meetings
- Appetite for business development and eager to hunt and create new opportunities to break ground in an industry where partnerships have yet to be built
- Your curiosity and ability to establish and formalize the short, medium, and long-term needs of clients make the difference
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, intellectually stimulating environment that is both caring and demanding
- 💬 First chat with Arno, our Talent Manager Benelux
- 🧑💻 Interview with Chris, our Strategic Account Manager to discuss your experience and the role in more detail
- 📊 Business case with Malik, our Country Manager and one of your future colleagues (Alexia or Tom)
- 🏁 Final round with Quentin, GM Northern Europe
- 🇧🇪 Meeting the team in the Brussels office
- ☎️ You will be contacted back within 48h
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
- Equity: Every Malter is entitled to stock options
- Transportation: 100% transport indemnity - up to 49€
- Lunch vouchers: Monizze, 8€/day
- Home office allowance - 154€ for home office and internet
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Malt sabbatical: After three years of service, every malter is entitled to one month of sabbatical leave.
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt’s business, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: Hybrid remote policy
- Annual off-sites: Les Arcs, Amsterdam, Ibiza… Where next ?
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐