Senior Business Development Manager - Amsterdam
Sales – Business Unit Netherlands /
NL Permanent employee
Discover our galaxy 🪐
Malt was founded in 2013 and, since then, we have managed to become the fastest growing freelance marketplace, gathering a community of 470k+ freelancers, 50k+ companies, and 600+ Malters.
We’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solution — all on a powerful, data driven tech platform — to match companies with the right freelance talent.
But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more. It’s all about giving both freelancers and companies added peace of mind, so that every experience on Malt is nothing less than (inter)stellar.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 600+ Malters from 40+ nationalities
- Multiple offices per country (France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Middle East)
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
Explore your future career 🔭
As part of the initial launch team we are looking for an experienced Business Developer to join our team in Amsterdam.
In this role you will be responsible for acquiring, establishing, and nurturing long-term partnerships with our most important clients. This is a challenging “full-stack” sales role that will directly contribute to the commercial expansion of Malt all while building quality relationships with our enterprise accounts in the Netherlands.
As one of the pioneers in the Netherlands you will also have a strategic impact (definition of go to market, positioning against competition) and you will shape the culture of the local team for the years to come.
Key responsibilities ✨
- Developing a portfolio of new enterprise accounts
- Designing, implementing and executing business and GTM plans for each partner and building effective measurements that clearly show revenue milestones are being met
- Effectively collaborating with internal teams to ensure long-term client success
- Helping clients to understand and enhance their approach to freelancing
- Educate the market on the power of using independent consultants to become more agile and flexible
- Provide local insights from users on how to further enhance the product and Malt value proposition
- Conducting meetings and presenting deliverables on an ongoing basis: contractual follow-up points, production of external analyses and benchmarks, optimization of the customer experience, sharing of sector analyses, sharing of freelance feedback, etc.
- Identifying client needs in advance in order to ensure we can quickly present them with a broad range of high quality freelance profiles
About you 🧑🚀
- Professional fluency in Dutch and English
- 5+ years of experience in sales, business development & account management
- Proven experience of target driven sales of large enterprise accounts, preferably in the technology / SaaS industry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that can be used with C-level decision makers
- Self-starter capable of working independently
- Excited about working as a new entrant in a competitive market in a fast-paced, ever-changing scale-up environment
- Able to effectively consider the short, medium, and long-term needs of clients
How to join the mission? 🚀
- First chat with Arno, our Talent Manager Benelux
- Interview with Mitchell, our Head of Sales NL, to discuss your experience and the role in more detail
- Business case with Mitchell and one of your future Sales colleagues (Rachel or Komal)
- Final round with Quentin, GM Northern Europe
- Meeting the team in the Amsterdam office
- You will be contacted with an offer within 48h
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other new Malters at our office in Paris
- Equity: Every Malter is entitled to stock options
- Transportation: 0,19 €/km traveled to the office (for 214 working days/year)
- Pension plan: Malt contributes up to 5% to your pension
- Paid holidays: 25 days of vacation per year
- Malt sabbatical: After three years of service, every Malter is entitled to one month of sabbatical leave.
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt’s business, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: Hybrid remote policy
- Annual off-sites: Les Arcs, Amsterdam, Ibiza… Where next ?
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐