Key Account Manager - Paris
Sales – BU France /
FR Executive/Cadre /
Discover our galaxy 🪐
Since 2013, when Malt was founded by Vincent Huguet and Hugo Lassiège, we have become Europe’s fastest-growing freelance marketplace.
By acquiring Comatch (the Berlin-based leading marketplace for top freelance management consultants and industry experts) in 2022, we’re now home to a dynamic community of 550k+ freelancers, 70k+ companies, and 700+ Malters.
We’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solution — all on a powerful, data driven tech platform — to match companies with the right freelance talent.
But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 700+ Malters from 40 countries
- Offices and teams in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Switzerland and the Middle East
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
- Recognized twice by LinkedIn as one of the best start-ups to work at
Explore your future career 🔭
Malt is scaling up fast and recruiting for our top-performing Sales team in order to accelerate our growth.
Our Key Account Managers are in charge of acquiring and nurturing long-term partnerships with our large enterprise clients (37 companies of the CAC40 find their freelancers on Malt).
This is a challenging “full-stack” sales role that will directly contribute to the commercial expansion of Malt all while building quality relationships with our key accounts.
Key responsibilities ✨
I. Develop a portfolio of active clients within key accounts
- Acquire, from a portfolio of prospects and clients, a precise understanding of the rise of freelancing and the associated challenges
- Accompany key clients in the analysis of their organizational environments and their relationship to freelancing
- Convince them of the benefits of using a platform built on an open model that federates the leading community of freelancers in Europe
II. Develop the “Malt Reflex”
AMs and KAMs hold a "trusted advisor" position and establish a long-term support relationship with their clients. They play a key role in bringing value to the various client stakeholders through:
- Identifying new needs in advance, for a rapid and qualitative response in the proposal of new expert profiles
- Conducting meetings (regular or ad-hoc) and presenting deliverables on an ongoing basis: contractual follow-up points, production of external analyses and benchmarks, optimization of the customer experience, sharing of sector analyses, sharing of freelance feedback, etc.
💼 Career Development:
Here at Malt we have a clearly defined career path to accompany our teammates in their professional growth.
The Sales team is organized into Business Units that correspond to the industry sectors of our clients. The team consists of different levels of seniority: AM, KAM, Senior KAM, Practice Leader, BU Manager, and BU Director.
You also have the opportunity to develop as an individual contributor or team leader: you will join an adventure where much is still to be done and where taking initiative is highly valued (organizing events, actively participating in conferences, internal training with our peers, etc.)
About you 🧑🚀
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in managing complex full-cycle B2B sales for key enterprise accounts
- Business school degree or equivalent
- Background in consulting or intellectual services is a strong advantage
- Excellent formal communication and presentation skills in order to organize and lead C-level meetings
- Appetite for business development and eager to hunt and create new opportunities to break ground in an industry where partnerships have yet to be built
- Curious and strong analytical skills to understand the short, medium, and long-term needs of clients
- Knowledge of the tech ecosystems and professions is a real asset
- Native-level French speaker with fully professional English and ready to collaborate in an international environment
How to join the mission? 🚀
- First call with Renée, our Senior Talent Acquisition Manager, to better understand your background and share more about this opportunity
- First interview with one of our Key Account Managers to discuss your experience and the role in more detail
- Business case to prepare and present to a panel of Sales leaders to evaluate your sales skills
- Professional Reference check
- Final interview with Reda, General Manager France, to discuss our long-term vision
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
- Equity: Every Malter is entitled to stock options
- Lunch vouchers (legal benefit): €9/day on your Swile card.
- Transportation (legal benefit): 50% reimbursement (any type of transport)
- RTT: From 8 to 12 days off
- Sports: company participation to a Gymlib membership
- Malt sabbatical: After three years, every Malter is entitled to a one month paid sabbatical leave.
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt’s business, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: Hybrid remote policy
- Annual team building events
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐