Senior Account Manager SMB - Madrid
Sales – BU SMB /
Discover our galaxy 🪐
Since 2013, when Malt was founded by Vincent Huguet and Hugo Lassiège, we have become Europe’s fastest-growing freelance marketplace.
By acquiring Comatch (the Berlin-based leading marketplace for top freelance management consultants and industry experts) in 2022, we’re now home to a dynamic community of 550k+ freelancers, 70k+ companies, and 700+ Malters.
We’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solutions—all on a powerful, data driven—to match companies with the right freelance talent.
But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 700+ Malters from 40 countries
- Offices in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Middle East
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
- Recognized twice by LinkedIn as one of the best start-ups to work at
Explore your future career 🔭
We are looking for a highly experienced Senior Account Manager to manage our mid-market clients (<1000 employees), especially the most promising startups of the Tech ecosystems and consulting companies. You will work in a challenging, exciting and fast-paced environment in a rapidly growing start-up.
As Senior Account Manager, your position with customers will be as a trusted advisor, helping them understand the value of working with freelancers and (specifically) Malt. You will develop a strategic approach to identify new opportunities on existing & prospective accounts.
Key responsibilities ✨
- Deploy your portfolio of assigned accounts with a "solution selling" mindset, achieving (and exceeding) the targets in terms of sales and quality KPIs
- Define a commercial strategy that drives accelerated revenue growth: prioritise customers by potentiality, identify and pursue sales opportunities
- Develop a portfolio of in/active clients within SMB accounts
- Design strategies to meet key prospects (buyer personas) in the company and generate more collaborations
- Create strong relationships with top management of your assigned accounts to go from vendor to partner
- Accompany clients in their search to help them connect to our best freelance profiles
- Attend tech events regularly to meet prospects and plan meetings
- Share best practices across all SMB Sales teams
About you 🧑🚀
- At least 5+ years of experience in a commercial B2B role
- Experience in outsourcing (sales roles) or tech are a plus
- Strong "hunting" ability to develop a customer portfolio, and evangelize the Malt model, increasing conversion and repeat rates
- Ability to understand the issues and objectives given by customers to offer the best approach
- Be able to adapt the proposal to different buyer personas and sector companies
- Strong ability to negotiate, forecast sales, speed of execution and organization
- Proactive, self-driven, goal oriented
- Team spirit is a must!
- High fluency in written and spoken Spanish & English
How to join the mission? 🚀
- First call with a Talent Acquisition Manager, to get to know each other better
- A first interview with Rocio Romero (Head of SMB Sales in Spain), to discuss your experience in more detail, answer situational questions and better present the role
- A business case with Rocio Romero and another SMB team member, to evaluate your hard skills
- Two final interviews with Nicolas (GM Global SMB Sales) and Jacobo (GM Spain) to give you an overview of Malt's strategy
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
- Equity: Every Malter is entitled to stock options
- Premium healthcare coverage: Alan
- Malt sabbatical: After three years, every Malter is entitled to a one month paid sabbatical leave.
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt’s business, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: Hybrid remote policy
- Annual team building events
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐