Finance Manager UK
Finance – Finance /
We are looking for a UK-based Finance Manager, with experience working within a multi-currency environment for an International Money Transfer Operator, payments company or similar, to oversee the full finance function for Mama Money Europe.
As the UK Finance Manager, you will fill one of the first UK-based positions for the company. In order to do so successfully, you will need to have prior experience that is aligned with the industry as well as the requirements of the role. Over time, the finance function in the UK will grow and you will be responsible for the management, training, and development of this team.
What you will be doing:
- Overseeing the full finance function of the Company
- Establishing and implementing necessary processes and ensure these are adhered to
- Ensuring deadlines are met Preparation of various monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting deliverables
- Preparation of statutory financial reports in line with the current regulatory requirements
- Preparation of tax returns and HMRC tax submissions
- Analyzing variances from forecasts/budget and interpretations thereof
- Working closely with the greater Finance and Treasury teams to align operational and finance needs
- Acting as the caretaker of all Company policies relating to financial controls, procurement and other applicable areas
- Reviewing of contracts
- Ensuring that the costs of departments remain within budget and that any overspend is pre-approved within the approval framework
- Responsibility for release rights with regards to payment runs Mentoring and training junior staff members Ad-hoc finance-related tasks and projects
- Liaising with the internal and external auditors and ensuring that audit deadlines are met and issues are addressed
What sills and experience you should have:
- BCom / BA Accounting Degree with CIMA qualification
- Minimum 6 years’ post article/auditing experience, ideally within the payments industry or similar within the UK
- Previous experience in management or team lead role with the ability to take the lead and guide junior team members
- Accounting software - we use Xero and will provide necessary training if this is unfamiliar
- Payroll experience - we use PaySpace but have no preference in terms of the system previously used and will provide the necessary training
- Experience compiling financial statements
- Tax experience would be ideal but not essential Compliance experience would be ideal but not essential
- An investigative approach to your tasks - the ability to question things and not just accept
Mama Money is an innovative, rapidly growing tech company and the world’s first Social Business Money Transfer Operator. Formed in 2015, Mama Money was created in order to enable foreign nationals to send money to their home countries at a socially fair price, in the most accessible and efficient way possible. Our business is underpinned by the sentiment that we should leave greed behind us and use the resources we have to make the world a better place.
Customer & Community
Currently, our customers come to South Africa from all over the world and are able to send money to over 50 countries globally, using a variety of acquisition and payment channels, for fees as low as 1% per transaction. We are now embarking on the exciting journey of expanding our operation to the UK, as well as expanding our product line to incorporate other financial service products that will enable the millions of foreign nationals around the world to partake in the financial ecosystem from which they are often excluded. Mama Money is a self-funded, profitable business that is growing steadily so you can rest assured that you are in secure hands with us!