Country Manager - Malawi
Lilongwe / Blantyre /
Partnerships – Partnerships /
We are looking for a Malawi-based Country Manager to manage every aspect of our new and existing in-county operation and ultimately contributing to the overall global success of Mama Money.
You will form part of the existing Partnerships team that is based in Cape Town, South Africa and operate autonomously with a strong focus on driving and facilitating new new partnership relationships and payout launches.
The scope of this role is broad and will include:
- Conducting extensive research regarding the market and learn everything possible in terms of money transfer
- Understanding and keeping abreast of regulatory landscape in terms of MTO in country
- Collaborating with leadership to strategize how best to roll out the product/service
- Developing and executing plans for company growth and improvement of sales within the region Synthesize monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on progress and development
- Networking effectively with local clients and develop strong professional relationships
- Working to ensure deadlines are met and budgets are maintained
- Working with new and existing in-country partners and our Sales, Marketing teams to build the Mama Money brand within the region
- Devising advertising and promotional plans with the aim of expanding our unique customer base and partnerships
- Product positioning and brand marketing development
- Providing training on Mama Money products and services to partners
- Continually assessing Mama Money progress within the region, sales and marketing successes and compiling reports to submit in order to share relevant information with internal stakeholders
- Managing the relationships with existing partners and sourcing potential partners within the region
What skill and experience you should have:
- 3 + years experience within a similar role
- Valid drivers’ license and own vehicle (you will be required to travel in-country for this role)
- Experience within the payments/remittance/MTO industry, ideally growing a brand or new subsidiary within Malawi
- Proven business development expertise
- Proven brand marketing expertise
- Strong operational, commercial, and communication skills are essential to the success of this role
Mama Money is an innovative, rapidly growing tech company and the world’s first Social Business Money Transfer Operator. Formed in 2015, Mama Money was created in order to enable foreign nationals to send money to their home countries at a socially fair price, in the most accessible and efficient way possible. Our business is underpinned by the sentiment that we should leave greed behind us and use the resources we have to make the world a better place.
Customer & Community
Currently, our customers come to South Africa from all over the world and are able to send money to over 50 countries globally, using a variety of acquisition and payment channels, for fees as low as 1% per transaction. We are now embarking on the exciting journey of expanding our operation to the UK, as well as expanding our product line to incorporate other financial service products that will enable the millions of foreign nationals around the world to partake in the financial ecosystem from which they are often excluded. Mama Money is a self-funded, profitable business that is growing steadily so you can rest assured that you are in secure hands with us!