Financial Operations Manager
Cape Town /
Finance – Finance /
We are looking for a hands-on Financial Operations Manager, who will be part of the recon team and its day-to-day operations, to join us at Mama Money. Please note, that this is not a pure management role and as the team grows, the Financial Operations Manager will take on a more managerial role, but will remain hands-on and should be the expert when it comes to resolving recon issues.
What you will be doing:
- High-level - responsible for all recons: Transactions (pay-in, pay-out, inbound) Cash (inflow & outflow) Card
- Responsible for reconciling all partner balances related to transactions and statuses (includes inward and outward transaction flows).
- Responsible for all cash reconciliations (inflows and outflows - domestic and international).Resolving unreconciled items through problem-solving and in-depth investigation.
- Communicating with partners to follow-up and address exceptions noted on settlements and transactions.
- Ensure all variances are resolved within the timeframe set by management.
- Preparation of all bank / system / cash reconciliations for all entities.
- Additional ad-hoc requests for investigation.
- Compiling relevant procedure documents/manuals for functions not yet in place.
- Suggesting process enhancements and efficiencies.
- Ongoing implementation of controls and business processes to rectify exceptions.
- Assist in implementing appropriate internal controls to ensure finance is reducing their risks.
- Providing assistance to operations team with queries on transactions.
- Assist accounting team with reconciliation of ledger.
- Ad-hoc financial projects to assist accounting team.
What skills and experience you should have:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ of relevant experience
- BCom degree in Accounting / Finance / Relevant Finance-related education
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Hands on and willing assist with day-to-day operations
- Comfortable working with multiple teams, in-house and remote
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with suppliers, finance team, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders
- Passion for helping underserved communities
- Experience in managing treasury and/or recon software systems
- Experience in implementing process enhancements and efficiencies
Mama Money is an innovative, rapidly growing tech company and the world’s first Social Business Money Transfer Operator. Formed in 2015, Mama Money was created in order to enable foreign nationals to send money to their home countries at a socially fair price, in the most accessible and efficient way possible. Our business is underpinned by the sentiment that we should leave greed behind us and use the resources we have to make the world a better place.
Customer & Community
Currently, our customers come to South Africa from all over the world and are able to send money to over 50 countries globally, using a variety of acquisition and payment channels, for fees as low as 1% per transaction. We are now embarking on the exciting journey of expanding our operation to the UK, as well as expanding our product line to incorporate other financial service products that will enable the millions of foreign nationals around the world to partake in the financial ecosystem from which they are often excluded. Mama Money is a self-funded, profitable business that is growing steadily so you can rest assured that you are in secure hands with us!