Customer Experience Consultants - Somali Speaking
Cape Town, ZA /
Customer Experience and Operations – Customer Experience /
Who we are:
Mama Money is a growth-stage fintech startup working to help migrant workers in South Africa send money home. Since 2015 we have been providing reliable remittances, at a socially fair price, to those that need it most.
Mama HQ is in beautiful Cape Town, South Africa. We are 173 people strong (and counting) from 19 countries, across Africa, Asia, UK, and Europe. Our shared mission is to leave greed behind and show that we can use our talents and resources to make the world a better place. Our culture is built around the wellbeing of our team members and making a difference in our communities. “Just be lekker!” personifies our approach to work: we trust the wisdom of our talented and diverse team to do what is best for our customers and get the job done responsibly, without pedantic policies.
We’ve been around since 2015 and have earned a few accolades along the way, made some new friends, and expanded our reach but we are just getting started. We are self-funded and profitable. Our sustainable business model helps us keep delivering social impact, with the focus being on helping people rather than maximizing profit.
We are looking for a Customer Experience Consultant in our Frontline Customer Operations team to help assist our customers with their questions, to join our family at Mama Money. The consultant will need to speak English and Somali, and should have previous call centre or customer service experience.
This opportunity is suitable for someone who has experience working in an inbound customer services environment. We are the core of the business, dealing directly with our customers across multiple channels, 7 days a week.
We are looking for someone passionate, solves challenges quickly, efficiently and constantly delivers exceptional service across all our touch points.
- Manage customer service communication across all contact channels and ensure the feedback loop is closed at all times
- Utilize the customer service tools provided for accurate responses and exceptional customer experience
- Meet or exceed quality and productivity goals assigned by management
- Demonstrate clear and polite written and oral communication at all times
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor and portray the company in a positive light
- Demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency for given tasks and service levels
- Follow company policies and processes to process customer requests appropriately
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of departmental resources, policies and procedures
- Escalate customer issues appropriately and correctly
- Proactively communicate people, product, process issues, and customer feedback trends to management
- Suggest innovative solutions to people, product, and process issues in order to reduce customer and employee impact
- Consistently exceed customer expectations by going above and beyond
- Take initiative in solving customer complaints
- Has the ability to understand the real customer need and solve for that need
- Supportive of colleagues and other departments
- All other general administrative duties as assigned
- Fluent in English and Somali.
- To ensure that we are building a diverse team preference will be given to candidates from Somalia.
- Previous Call Centre or Customer Service experience
- Available for shift work: Rotational 7 days a week
- A valid passport and right to work (Asylum Seeker/Work Visa/Refugee Status)
- Contactable references
What skills and experience you should have:
- Proficient in Google Suite or Microsoft Office
- Intrinsically customer-centric
- Strong sense of empathy
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal across all interaction channels and messenger applications
- Works well in a team but can take initiative to get the job done on their own
- Is adaptable and resilient, can shift focus easily and be willing to go the extra mile when required
- Task orientated
We are fortunate to receive a high volume of applications for our open roles. If you are awaiting feedback and have not received an update after two (2) weeks, please feel free to request feedback.
At Mama Money, the customers & communities1 we serve are at the heart of all that we do.
We bring our authentic2 selves to work where we are free to express our diverse identities while staying true to what we believe in and how we feel. Part of that means being able to have difficult conversations when necessary but always remembering to do so with trust, respect, and a positive mindset3. Being open to receiving feedback and understanding how this helps us evolve and grow is essential to succeeding in our environment.
We are responsible4 for ourselves, our behaviour, our delivery, and our output. Although we always aim to move things forward and get $hit done, we start small - taking it step by step and always look for ways in which we can improve. We know from experience that when we work together5 towards a common goal, we can achieve anything.
Mama Money is a special place because we care. We care about our customers, we care about the people who work for us and we care about the impact our work has on the world. There are things that we don’t care about too. Things like bureaucracy, discrimination, ego, titles, and silos. We’re a friendly bunch who don’t take ourselves too seriously but we do take our work, and our customers’ hard-earned money, very seriously.
1. Customer & Community
3. Positive Mindset