Tech – DevOps /
At Mama Money, we build reliable software for people who really need it. We value this over following trends and using gimmicks but enjoy experimenting to find better ways to do things internally and for our customers.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us automate all the things and ensure stability across all of our systems to join us. You will work closely with our Dev and Data team and build tooling to ensure the Developers can move quickly.
Some of the things we're currently working on:
* Currently all microservices running in AWS ECS (but going to move to EKS in the near future)
* Plan is to move as much provisioning to Terraform as possible over the next year
* Building a framework to use for all future mono-repos going forward
Languages: Java, Python
AWS Services: EC2, S3, API Gateway, Cognito, ECS, RDS, SQS, ALB, Lambda, DynamoDB,
Automation: Terraform, (Ansible)
Tools: Jira, Confluence, Postman, Dbeaver, GIT
What you will be doing:
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Automating highly scalable and resilient cloud operations that can be executed with no customer downtime
- Testing and examining code written by others and analysing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- Provisioning administration and maintaining of the AWS cloud platform
- Maintaining our core Mama Money platform and ensuring 99.9% uptime
What you will need to have done:
- At least 3 years' experience with AWS (or an equivalent cloud provider)
- Experience with Kubernetes / Docker / ECS
- Scripting experience (Bash / Python / other)
- CI/CD exposure
- Chef / Opsworks experience is advantageous
Mama Money is an innovative, rapidly growing tech company and the world’s first Social Business Money Transfer Operator. Formed in 2015, Mama Money was created in order to enable foreign nationals to send money to their home countries at a socially fair price, in the most accessible and efficient way possible. Our business is underpinned by the sentiment that we should leave greed behind us and use the resources we have to make the world a better place.
Customer & Community
Currently, our customers come to South Africa from all over the world and are able to send money to over 50 countries globally, using a variety of acquisition and payment channels, for fees as low as 1% per transaction. We are now embarking on the exciting journey of expanding our operation to the UK, as well as expanding our product line to incorporate other financial service products that will enable the millions of foreign nationals around the world to partake in the financial ecosystem from which they are often excluded. Mama Money is a self-funded, profitable business that is growing steadily so you can rest assured that you are in secure hands with us!