Legal Counsel, LATAM
Miami, FL /
Legal – Legal | Miami /
Mambu is the leading SaaS core banking engine. If you’re a customer of the largest digital bank in the Americas, then you’ve probably interacted with our platform and didn't even know it. We are at the heart of what makes digital banks and lenders work - the system that processes banking transactions and updates accounts and other financial records from deposits to loans and credit balances. But Mambu is different. We are not just cloud-native, lean and flexible - we are helping to revolutionize financial services globally. We are in a growth phase and we’ve only just begun.
To help us on our mission, we bring together people with the best skills and attitude. It doesn’t matter where you are from, what matters is the impact you have and your passion to make a difference.
To continue our success story, we are looking for an enthusiastic Legal Counsel to join Mambu’s global legal team. Your contribution will play a key role in Mambu’s growth in the Americas region.
What you'll be working on:
- Negotiate Master Services Agreements for Mambu’s SaaS platform, including data processing agreements
- Support regional partner initiatives by drafting templates and negotiating partnership contracts of various types
- Lead or participate in streamlining internal processes to assure that our organization is future-proof from a legal perspective
- Ensure that risks are identified early and reported via appropriate channels to relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with Mambu’s compliance team to ensure compliance with laws and regulations applicable in the covered regions
- Support sales team in bidding processes, advising on legal aspects of commercial deals, advising on day-to-day legal questions
- Drafting and negotiating other contracts, such as software services agreements, MOUs, Letters of Intent, key vendor agreements, non-disclosure agreements and trial use agreements
What you need to have:
- 7+ years experience in legal/ commercial negotiations
- Proven expertise and experience in SaaS/ IT industry
- Confident, effective and positive negotiator who can lead the process, focus on important issues, and efficiently bring deals to a favorable close
- Knowledge of data protection laws Excellent communication and contract drafting skills in English/Spanish
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player with strong analytical, issue-spotting and investigatory skills
- J.D degree
We hope you have:
- Experience working with other SaaS companies
- Mambu has over 200 live deployments, helping to revolutionize financial services in more than 55 countries globally, and we're just getting started.
- Our clients include FinTech innovators, traditional banks, business and consumer lenders as well as P2P platforms who are all looking to grow and scale.
- We understand nothing ensures our customers' success more than a happy team, so Mambu is built on a culture of trust and a sense of ownership in everything we do.
- Mambu proactively takes the initiative to improve the industry for the better.
- If you are thrilled by the opportunity to join our multi-national team on its unique mission - we need to talk and will be excited to hear from you!
More about us:
To stay on top of the latest Fin-Tech trends and our success stories, please follow us on LinkedIn
For more details regarding our global career opportunities, please visit Career Site