Engineering Manager - SRE
Product – Platform & Reliability /
Mambu is the leading SaaS core banking engine. If you’re a customer of the largest digital bank in the EU, then you’ve probably interacted with our platform and didn't even know it. We are at the heart of what makes digital banks and lenders work - the system that processes banking transactions and updates accounts and other financial records from deposits to loans and credit balances. But we are different. We are not just cloud-native, lean and flexible - we are helping to revolutionise financial services globally. We are in a growth phase and we’ve only just begun.
To help us on our mission, we bring together people with the best skills and attitude. It doesn’t matter where you are from, what matters is the impact you have and your passion to make a difference.
We are looking for a passionate, skilled and enthusiastic leader who ensures delivery goals & objectives are achieved by the teams, while engineers have constant skills growth and are high performers. As an SRE Engineering Manager you will mainly focus on guiding people in their career path whilst defining ways of working in the teams that enable high autonomy, high alignment and streamlined engineering process.
- Build and serve a successful & motivated SRE Shared Services team:
- Capacity & skills are ahead of SRE Shared Services needs:
- Engineers have constant growth and clear career paths:
- Way of working enables team’s high autonomy, high alignment:
- Special projects are successfully executed:
- Onboardings are efficient & scalable:
- Advertise Mambu culture and way of working:
- Works with System Owners, Engineering Managers, Champion and other teams to provide servant leadership in the SRE team
- Co-owns the roadmap with the System Owners and the Principal Engineer
- Defines and act (monitoring included) on quarterly team objectives to achieve tribe goals, agreed with the Champion
- Structures teams to achieve agreed goals & objectives
- Ensures each person fully understands their role/position and achieves the outcomes expected from them
- Hiring manager for the SREs needs, ensuring teams’ capacity to achieve expected outcomes
- Defines recruiting strategies to acquire new skills or create capacity to satisfy business needs, longevity, skills diversity, attrition mitigation and competitiveness
- Coordinates internship programs to grow and attract talent
- Ensures the team has only members that are aligned with Mambu’s values, engineering goals and required set of skills
- Creates personalized career development plans for engineers and guides them in achieving both personal & organizational goals
- Creates, together with the Champion, a promotion process that ensures consistency across the team, while ensuring fair, consistent and motivating compensation
- Establishes holistic coaching and mentorship principles and ensure each team member receives fair & just-in-time feedback
- Facilitates learning and skills’ growth for each engineer (trainings, conferences, learning materials, mentors etc.)
- Defines and applies modern engineering practices to enable team’s autonomy and alignment to Mambu’s way of working
- Ensures team is able to autonomously design, build, test and operate their solutions and servicesIdentifies impediments and applies ways to overcome them
- Connects with other teams and stakeholders to provide visibility & transparency of current progress and to agree on next objectives
- Owns a number of special projects that are executed in parallel to normal Infrastructure roadmap
- Understands, describes the goals and the final state of a project
- Forms a team and creates a project planExecutes projects successfully till the end
- Designs efficient onboarding process for new colleagues (new Mambuvians or people transitions from other groups)
- Ensures new members are aligned to Mambu’s values and culture & their skills and plans are aligned with the team they are part of
- Captures on-time feedback about the people in on-boarding and monitor actions/corrections
- Constantly communicates internally and with each individual about our direction and beliefs
- Speaker at meetups, conferences to advertise Mambu, in order to attract talent and contribute to the community
You need to have:
- Strong leadership skills, in regards to establishing trust, transparency and achieving goals;
- Solid hands on background in infrastructure engineering and operations that enables smooth streamlined process for delivering value;
- Strong people management skills, able to understand people ambitions and align them to organization needs and offer constant guidance and feedback for achieving them;
- Ability to identify roles for accomplishing needs, defining talent acquisition practices, hiring plans and acting on it;
- Expertise in suggesting and implementing changes based on “connecting the dots” on things that come up repeatedly to find elegant solutions for them in close collaboration with the teams;
- Capacity to maintain stable performance and can-do attitude when under pressure or stress;
- Excellent written and verbal technical and personal communication skills in English.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible working hours;
- Summer schedule (4-days/week);
- Health insurance Global business travel insurance;
- Free parking space at the office;
- Professional career growth by providing access to training and conferences.
- Mambu has over 250+live deployments, helping to revolutionise financial services in more than 46 countries globally, and we're just getting started.
- Our clients include FinTech innovators, traditional banks, digital banks, business and consumer lenders as well as P2P platforms who are all looking to grow and scale.
- We understand nothing ensures our customers' success more than a happy team, so Mambu is built on a culture of trust and a sense of ownership in everything we do.
- Mambu proactively takes the initiative to improve the industry for the better.
- Mambu is using top tools for development activities.
More about us:
To stay on top of the latest Fin-Tech trends and our success stories, please follow us on LinkedIn
For more details regarding our global career opportunities, please visit Career Site