Product – Banking Engine /
Mambu is the leading SaaS core banking engine. If you’re a customer of the largest digital bank in the EU, then you’ve probably interacted with our platform and didn't even know it. We are at the heart of what makes digital banks and lenders work - the system that processes banking transactions and updates accounts and other financial records from deposits to loans and credit balances. But we are different. We are not just cloud-native, lean and flexible - we are helping to revolutionise financial services globally. We are in a growth phase and we’ve only just begun.
To help us on our mission, we bring together people with the best skills and attitude. It doesn’t matter where you are from, what matters is the impact you have and your passion to make a difference.
We are looking for a passionate, skilled and enthusiastic Principal Engineer to join our team to build the latest features to be used by organizations around the world. As a Principal Engineer you will work with product engineering teams to establish and maintain system design principles, that provides foundation for sound and efficient technical architecture of the system. You will also guide engineers on applying these principles in their day to day work, provide technical leadership in solving the most complex and strategically important tasks.
- Ensure significant architecture decisions are documented and communicated
- Enable engineers to work autonomously while applying principles consistently
- Proactively drive the improvement of maintainability and scalability of the relevant components
- Ensure enough up-front design effort on architecting new components or significant re-engineering initiatives on existing
- Establish yourself as influencer and technical authority
- Ensure strong quality properties awareness among engineers
- Provide reactive and proactive technical leadership
- Establish practices around design workshops and architecture decisioning;
- Define and enable sufficient (lean) architecture documentation practices;
- Define and enable significant architecture decisions registration process.
- Work with Engineers to establish and continuously improve fundamental architecture and system design principles that are easy to read and understand unambiguously;
- Work with Engineers to establish and continuously improve API Design principles;
- Continuously advocate design principles both in one-on-one conversations as well as in Communities of Practice;
- Always refer to design principles while working on specific solutions or performing code-reviews.
- Define Improvement Themes for specific components in the responsibility areas with the roadmap in accordance with the Product Strategy
- Engage with Product Managers, Engineering Managers and Engineers to align on the execution plan
- Facilitate the design and the architecture workshops
- Ensure significant decisions are captured on the relevant and efficient medium;
- Prevent paralysis-by-analyses, hype-driven development and technology-first type of anti-patterns from happening;
- Advocate and facilitate risk-driven and trade offs based solutioning approach.
- Work hands-on together with engineering teams on new initiatives either in POC / prototyping or actual implementation
- Represent company at technical events and conferences
- Proactively share knowledge both within and outside of Product organisation
- Actively advocate and challenge engineers on quality properties, such as Security, Performance, Scalability, Testability;
- Establish and facilitate communities of practice on different quality subjectsPerform code reviews both reactively as well as proactive and offer empathic but concrete feedback;
- Establish and proactively gather metrics on different quality properties;
- Establish the plan and facilitate the execution on improvement particular properties in specific areas of the platform;
- Oversee and facilitate the application of the automated testing strategy in the area of the responsibility
- Coach internal engineers on architectural thinking and advanced engineering practices;
- Be a servant leader available to help engineers with any challenges or questions;
- Communicate with empathy and challenge directly.
You need to have:
- Minimum of 10+ years of hands-on engineering experience (advantage);
- Experience as a contributor to any Open Source project;
- Prior experience working in Product-led SaaS company / start-up environment;
- Entrepreneurial and strategic thinking, enabling business with technology;
- Deep and opinionated understanding of software engineering practices(advantage);
- Experience working in digital-only financial institution (i.e. neo-bank, lender) is an important advantage;
- Expertise in modern product management techniques, including product planning, product discovery and development;
- Strong skills in collaboration, in particular stakeholder management;
- Self Motivated. Ability to set goals and work independently according to the objectives;
- Clear Communicator. Ability to communicate clearly, with respect and empathy;
- Creative. Ability to solve problems, curiosity to try something new, looking at things with fresh perspective;
- Learner vs. Knower altitude. driven by curiosity and desire to find the truth, not afraid to make mistakes and not to be always right.;
- Honesty & integrity. Does not cut corners with regards to ethics. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right. Speak plainly and truthfully.
- Ability to simply explain complex concepts and deliver difficult messages clearly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible working hours;
- Pre-paid parking ticket at Palas / Monthly bus pass;
- Monthly digital meal tickets;
- Easter and Christmas gift tickets;
- Private Health Insurance;
- 21 days of holiday;
- Summer schedule (4-days/week);
- Therapeutic massage;
- Sports package;
- Eye glasses vouchers;
- Fruits, coffee, tea, sweets and many others;
- Standup Desk in a very modern office and access to the best logistics;
- Professional career growth by providing access to trainings and conferences.
- Mambu has over 250+ live deployments, helping to revolutionise financial services in more than 46 countries globally, and we're just getting started;
- We understand nothing ensures our customers' success more than a happy team, so Mambu is built on a culture of trust and a sense of ownership in everything we do;
- Mambu proactively takes the initiative to improve the industry for the better;
- Mambu is using top tool for development activities;
- Because you want more, you want to know how your lines of code impact the world.
More about us:
To stay on top of the latest Fin-Tech trends and our success stories, please follow us on LinkedIn
For more details regarding our global career opportunities, please visit Career Site