Site Engineering Manager
Product – Platform & Reliability /
Mambu is the SaaS banking engine powering innovative loan and deposit products, the lean alternative to cumbersome core banking systems. Helping clients to successfully start up business ventures, transform existing operations, launch new products and expand into new markets. Mambu provides financial institutions of all sizes with the agility to rapidly design, launch, service and scale their banking and lending portfolio.
We believe that a great company is built on great people. We are proud to have brought together incredibly bright minds to help make financial services ready for the 21st century. Our clients understand what it takes to succeed in a fully digital world and our team is a trusted partner in their endeavours.
We are looking for a passionate, skilled and enthusiastic Site Engineering Manager (SEM) to join our team in Singapore. As a SEM, you will ensure delivery goals & objectives are achieved by the team, while engineers have constant skills growth and are high performers. You should be a hands-on engineer, capable of implementing complex solutions of improving Mambu Cloud Platform. You are responsible for directing people & hiring manager of the teams, focused on guiding people in their career path. You define the way of working in teams that enables high autonomy, high alignment and streamlined engineering processes.
What you will be working on:
- Building a successful & motivated local SRE team
- Serve as the hiring manager for the SRE needs, ensuring teams’ capacity to achieve expected outcomes
- Defining recruiting strategies to acquire new skills or create capacity to satisfy business needs, longevity, skills diversity, attrition mitigation and competitiveness
- Ensuring each person in the team to fully understand their role/position and achieves the expected outcomes
- Ensuring Engineers have growth and clear career paths
- Creating personalized career development plans for engineers and guiding them in achieving both personal & organizational goals
- Applying performance evaluation and promotion processes
- Establishing holistic coaching and mentorship principles and ensuring each team member receives fair feedback
- Onboarding and training of new colleagues
- Owning the SRE work queue
- Monitoring incoming incidents or requests and ensures that they are resolved within the defined timelineCollaborating with team members from other engineering offices to apply a “follow the sun” model.
- Taking ownership of special projects that are parallel to the normal Infrastructure roadmap
- Defining and monitoring team objectives to achieve Platform & Reliability goals
- Liasing with other teams and stakeholders to provide visibility & transparency of current progression
- Nurturing technical excellence and high quality within the SRE team
- You believe in automation over manual processes and are open to experiment with new and unconventional tech solutions.
Who You Are
- You have several years of experience in a similar manager / team lead role in a growing tech company
- You have practical experience in cloud services and cloud platform management
- You are familiar with Agile Architecture practices and project planning (MVPs, phases etc)
- You combine a Lean & Agile Engineering Mindset with a solid background in software engineering and operations that enables smooth streamlined processes for delivering value
- You are a technical leader with strong experience in software development or testing automation, kubernetes, dockers & platform engineering principles
- You are a Servant Leader with strong leadership skills and are able to connect external and internal inputs to define the way of working
- Your people management skills help you to understand people's ambitions and align them to organisational needs
- Even under pressure, you remain calm and follow your ethics & integrity
- As a Hiring Manager, you are able to identify roles for accomplishing needs and define hiring plans in collaboration Talent Acquisition
- Your attitude towards learning is driven by curiosity, you are not afraid to learn from mistakes and you are proactive in suggesting new solutions
More about us:
To stay on top of the latest Fin-Tech trends and our success stories, please follow us on LinkedIn
For more details regarding our global career opportunities, please visit Career Site