SRE - Senior Data Engineer
Product – Platform & Reliability /
Mambu is the leading SaaS core banking engine. If you’re a customer of the largest digital bank in the EU, then you’ve probably interacted with our platform and didn't even know it. We are at the heart of what makes digital banks and lenders work - the system that processes banking transactions and updates accounts and other financial records from deposits to loans and credit balances. But we are different. We are not just cloud-native, lean and flexible - we are helping to revolutionise financial services globally. We are in a growth phase and we’ve only just begun.
To help us on our mission, we bring together people with the best skills and attitude. It doesn’t matter where you are from, what matters is the impact you have and your passion to make a difference.
To continue our success story we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer in our SRE team to provide meaningful and accurate insights for supporting any technical or business decision in order to decrease costs and increase performance and revenue. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will provide technical guidance to your colleagues and will align with the Platform & Reliability Champion, Engineering Manager and major stakeholders in order to maximize the value we deliver to the company.
- Build marginal cost models using cloud usage and cost data, and use these models to discover trends and build forecasts by:
- Own and refine streaming methods for cloud provider billing data by:
- Develop new ways to understand the relationship between cloud resource consumption in complex containerized environments and business drivers by:
- Think deeply about what data and actionable views to surface for each level of the company by:
- Devise metrics that bring clarity to complicated environments including containers, shared resources, and bespoke cost variables by:
- Provide technical guidance to your colleagues by:
- Collecting, analyzing and interpreting cost related data;
- Choosing, using and evaluating a forecasting model;
- Presenting data to relevant stakeholders.
- Collecting cost related metrics from all of the cloud providers that Mambu is using;
- Providing insights to relevant stakeholders on how to decrease costs and increase performance and revenue.
- Understanding what is driving our costs up and the relationship between performance issues and costs increase.
- Offering guidance to relevant stakeholders on how to create and manage business views for cost management.
- Collecting relevant metrics on all layers in order to better understand what drives Mambu costs and how we can eliminate waste and inefficiency;
- Providing insights on these metrics to relevant stakeholders.
- Defining and implementing best practices in design, development, implementation & documentation of solutions;
- Acting as a mentor for other team members.
You need to have:
- Strong DevOps mindset;
- Solid experience with creating and maintaining data ETL pipelines (preferably using Spark);
- Solid programming skills (Python preferred, Scala, SQL);
- Knowledge and understanding of statistical concepts;
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure;
- Experience with data management and/or high performance computing;
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to convey mathematical and data science concepts in a meaningful way to business clients and internal team members;
- Ability to work effectively across functions, levels and disciplines.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible working hours;
- Pre-paid parking ticket at Palas / Monthly bus pass;
- Monthly digital meal tickets;
- Easter and Christmas gift tickets;
- Private Health Insurance;
- 21 days of holiday;
- Summer schedule (4-days/week);
- Therapeutic massage;
- Sports package;
- Eye glasses vouchers;
- Fruits, coffee, tea, sweets, popcorn machine and many others;
- Standup Desk in a very modern office and access to the best logistics;
- Professional career growth by providing access to training and conferences.
- Mambu has over 250+ live deployments, helping to revolutionise financial services in more than 46 countries globally, and we're just getting started;
- We understand nothing ensures our customers' success more than a happy team, so Mambu is built on a culture of trust and a sense of ownership in everything we do;
- Mambu proactively takes the initiative to improve the industry for the better;
- Mambu is using top tool for development activities;
- Because you want more, you want to know how your lines of code impact the world.
More about us:
To stay on top of the latest Fin-Tech trends and our success stories, please follow us on LinkedIn
For more details regarding our global career opportunities, please visit Career Site