Product – Banking Engine /
Mambu is the leading SaaS core banking engine. If you’re a customer of the largest digital bank in the EU, then you’ve probably interacted with our platform and didn't even know it. We are at the heart of what makes digital banks and lenders work - the system that processes banking transactions and updates accounts and other financial records from deposits to loans and credit balances. But we are different. We are not just cloud-native, lean and flexible - we are helping to revolutionise financial services globally. We are in a growth phase and we’ve only just begun.
To help us on our mission, we bring together people with the best skills and attitude. It doesn’t matter where you are from, what matters is the impact you have and your passion to make a difference.
We are looking for a passionate, skilled and enthusiastic Principal Engineer to join our team to help us design various features for the organizations around the world. As a Principal Engineer you will work with product engineering teams to establish and maintain system design principles, that provides foundation for the efficient technical architecture of the system. You will also guide engineers on applying these principles in their day to day work, provide technical leadership in solving the most complex and strategically important tasks.
Ensure significant architecture decisions are documented and communicated
- Establish practices around design workshops and architecture decisioning;
- Define and enable sufficient (lean) architecture documentation practices;
- Define and enable significant architecture decisions registration process.
Enable engineers to work autonomously while applying principles consistently
- Work with Engineers to establish and continuously improve fundamental architecture and system design principles that are easy to read and understand unambiguously;
- Work with Engineers to establish and continuously improve API Design principles;
- Continuously advocate design principles both in one-on-one conversations as well as in Communities of Practice;
- Always refer to design principles while working on specific solutions or performing code-reviews.
Proactively drive the improvement of maintainability and scalability of the relevant components
- Define Improvement Themes for specific components in the responsibility areas with the roadmap in accordance with the Product Strategy
- Engage with Product Managers, Engineering Managers and Engineers to align on the execution plan
Ensure enough up-front design effort on architecting new components or significant re-engineering initiatives on existing
- Facilitate the design and the architecture workshops
- Ensure significant decisions are captured on the relevant and efficient medium;
- Prevent paralysis-by-analyses, hype-driven development and technology-first type of anti-patterns from happening;
- Advocate and facilitate risk-driven and trade offs based solutioning approach.
Establish yourself as influencer and technical authority
- Work hands-on together with engineering teams on new initiatives either in POC / prototyping or actual implementation
- Represent company at technical events and conferences
- Proactively share knowledge both within and outside of Product organisation
Ensure strong quality properties awareness among engineers
- Actively advocate and challenge engineers on quality properties, such as Security, Performance, Scalability, Testability;
- Establish and facilitate communities of practice on different quality subjectsPerform code reviews both reactively as well as proactive and offer empathic but concrete feedback;
- Establish and proactively gather metrics on different quality properties;
- Establish the plan and facilitate the execution on improvement particular properties in specific areas of the platform;
- Oversee and facilitate the application of the automated testing strategy in the area of the responsibility
Provide reactive and proactive technical leadership
- Coach internal engineers on architectural thinking and advanced engineering practices;
- Be a servant leader available to help engineers with any challenges or questions;
- Communicate with empathy and challenge directly.
You need to have:
- 10+ years of hands-on engineering experience;
- Prior experience working in Product-led SaaS company / start-up environment;
- Understanding of cloud native applications and API design principles;
- Expertise in modern product management techniques, including product planning, product discovery and development;
- Strong skills in collaboration, in particular stakeholder management;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience working in digital-only financial institution (i.e. neo-bank, lender) and deep understanding of software development practices is an important advantage;
- Self Motivated and you can to set goals and work independently according to the objectives;
- Clear Communicator able to communicate clearly, with respect and empathy;
- Creative. You solve problems, and you are curious to try something new and look at things with fresh perspective;
- Learner vs. Knower altitude; driven by curiosity and desire to find the truth, not afraid to make mistakes and not to be always right.
- Honest. Integrity is part of your nature.
- Ability to simply explain complex concepts and deliver difficult messages clearly
- Mambu has over 250+ live deployments, helping to revolutionise financial services in more than 46 countries globally, and we're just getting started;
- We understand nothing ensures our customers' success more than a happy team, so Mambu is built on a culture of trust and a sense of ownership in everything we do;
- Mambu proactively takes the initiative to improve the industry for the better;
- Mambu is using top tool for development activities;
- Because you want more, you want to know how your lines of code impact the world.
More about us:
To stay on top of the latest Fin-Tech trends and our success stories, please follow us on LinkedIn
For more details regarding our global career opportunities, please visit Career Site