Senior Service Reliability Engineer - Observability
Product – Platform & Reliability /
Mambu is the leading SaaS core banking engine. If you’re a customer of the largest digital bank in the EU, then you’ve probably interacted with our platform and didn't even know it. We are at the heart of what makes digital banks and lenders work - the system that processes banking transactions and updates accounts and other financial records from deposits to loans and credit balances. But we are different. We are not just cloud-native, lean and flexible - we are helping to revolutionise financial services globally. We are in a growth phase and we’ve only just begun.
To help us on our mission, we bring together people with the best skills and attitude. It doesn’t matter where you are from, what matters is the impact you have and your passion to make a difference.
We are looking for a passionate, skilled and enthusiastic Observability Engineer to join our team. As an Observability Engineer, you will build, operate and improve monitoring of Mambu core banking services, across all product engineering tribes and enable engineering teams by improving observability of their services.
- Enable observability and operability at Mambu by:
- Continuously improve metrics of Mambu services by:
- Ensure logs processing and analysis by:
- Advocate correct alerting for engineering teams by:
- Satisfy compliance requirements by:
- Improving all aspects of monitoring of the Mambu Cloud Platform and all supporting services;
- Defining best practices for engineering teams and guiding them to get deep insights into their applications in production;
- Ensuring that dashboards and information radiators provide the right level of information to the right people in the organization;
- Making events traceable and introducing improvements to help on-call engineers analysing Mambu’s distributed system.
- Operating infrastructure and tools required to work with metrics of Mambu core banking services;
- Improving standards of gathering and processing metrics;
- Ensuring that development teams can produce custom metrics;
- Providing various reports and aggregation based on engineering or business needs;
- Monitoring SLA performance of Mambu APIs.
- Operating infrastructure and tools required to work with logs produced by Mambu core banking services;
- Implementing ways to process these logs and providing insights to development teams;
- Improving logs retention, processing strategies.
- Providing developers tooling & guidance to define alert based on various needs;
- Monitoring, reporting and alerting on SLOs;
- Improving anomaly detection based on past performance of applications;
- Predicting capacity problems;
- Reducing alert fatigue.
- Ensuring that Mambu monitoring systems don’t hold any personal identifiable information;
- Together with security and compliance, conducting regular reviews of the systems;
- Helping assess security and compliance of Mambu core banking services.
You need to have:
- Solid knowledge of public cloud services (at least 3 years of experience as a DevOps/SRE/Ops engineer with a focus on services monitoring);
- Understanding of cloud native applications and distributed systems;
- Software development and testing skills (Go, Java, Python, etc.);
- Experience with monitoring applications on Kubernetes;
- Good understanding of distributed tracing;
- Experience with application performance monitoring tools;
- Experience with on-call rotation and incident handling;
- Monitoring of applications at world-wide scale;
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
Nice to have:
- Good experience with monitoring of Java applications;
- Application security knowledge;
- Knowledge of statistics-based monitoring and modelling.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible working hours;
- Pre-paid parking ticket at Palas / Monthly bus pass;
- Monthly digital meal tickets;
- Easter and Christmas gift tickets;
- Private Health Insurance;
- 21 days of holiday;
- Summer schedule (4-days/week);
- Therapeutic massage;
- Sports package;
- Eye glasses vouchers;
- Fruits, coffee, tea, sweets, popcorn machine and many others;
- Standup Desk in a very modern office and access to the best logistics;
- Professional career growth by providing access to trainings and conferences.
- Mambu has over 250+ live deployments, helping to revolutionise financial services in more than 46 countries globally, and we're just getting started;
- We understand nothing ensures our customers' success more than a happy team, so Mambu is built on a culture of trust and a sense of ownership in everything we do;
- Mambu proactively takes the initiative to improve the industry for the better;
- Mambu is using top tool for development activities;
- Because you want more, you want to know how your lines of code impact the world.
More about us:
To stay on top of the latest Fin-Tech trends and our success stories, please follow us on LinkedIn
For more details regarding our global career opportunities, please visit Career Site