Engineer - Mechanical, Microfluidics
San Francisco /
Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of nature to power the next generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and development of novel CRISPR products. Through the discovery and development of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. Mammoth aims to democratize disease detection with an easy and affordable point-of-care test that allows real-time and simultaneous detection of multiple conditions. By leveraging its internal research and development and exclusive licensing to Cas12, Cas13 and Cas14, Mammoth can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Based in San Francisco, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer Jennifer Doudna and principal founders Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, Decheng and leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, and Jeff Huber.
Mammoth is seeking Mechanical Engineer with expertise in designing microfluidic chips for optical and assay platforms for its Diagnostic team. This team is focused on delivering at-home testing instrument-free testing device for respiratory and other illnesses using CRISPR.
The successful candidate needs to exhibit the ability to span design to manufacturing of microfluidic chips on optical and assy platforms in a rapidly evolving startup environment. You will need to be ready to hit the ground running.
- Design microfluidic chips for optical and assay platforms
- FEA mechanical modeling
- Generate drawings with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) for injection molded/machined components
- Rapid prototyping of development hardware
- Design and build assembly fixtures
- Design and build test fixtures for component and subsystem testing
- Work with cross functional teams to enable high volume manufacturing
- Minimum of a BS/MS in mechanical engineering with 3+ years of experience in the field.
- Proficiency in with SolidWorks or equivalent CAD programs
- Strong understanding of GD&T, assembly and dimensional engineering principles in design
- Experience with manufacturing, quality control, and/or supplier management a plus
- Ability to independently design, plan and schedule projects
- Critical thinker and creative problem solver
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Competitive salary with equity
- Full health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Free breakfast/lunch/dinner/barista
- Free gym
- Public transportation commuter subsidy
- 401(k) matching