Research Associate II, CRISPR Platform (High-throughput Mammalian Screening)
Mammoth Brisbane, CA /
2100 - Therapeutics – R&D - Therapeutics /
Mammoth is currently seeking a creative and detail-oriented Research Associate II with experience in molecular biology, next-generation sequencing, and/or mammalian cell culture to join our CRISPR Platform team.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with colleagues to develop and execute high-throughput experiments in mammalian cell lines to support the development of novel Cas nucleases for therapeutic genome editing. They will have the opportunity to contribute broadly across multiple technical areas, including automation, software tool development, synthetic biology, and high-throughput screening.
This position requires adaptability, strong organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team-oriented environment.
- Develop and execute high-throughput molecular biology, cell culture, and functional assay protocols in the novel Cas nuclease development pipeline
- Integrate high-throughput laboratory automation into experimental workflows
- Detailed, accurate, and timely documentation of experimental procedures, data, and analysis, including meticulous sample tracking and data management
- Provide team support for wet lab tasks including tissue culture of various cell lines, phenotyping and analytical characterization of cells, genome editing of human cells, etc.
- Regular communications of data and analysis results to senior staff and team members
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner, adhering to environmental health and safety requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular and cell biology, immunology, biochemistry, or a related field
- 1+ year of research experience in molecular/cell biology and/or with mammalian cell culture
- 1 year of experience in mammalian cell culture, molecular cloning, PCR, DNA/RNA purification, and next-generation sequencing in biotechnology industry settings
- Experience with high-throughput laboratory automation (e.g. Tecan liquid handlers, Labcyte Echo, ZAG)
- Experience or proficiency with SQL, JMP, Python, etc.
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver, and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Base Salary Range: $76,000 - $105,000
The listed base salary range is for Mammoth employees in the Bay Area. Actual base salary will be determined by geographic work location, relevant professional experience, applicable skills, and internal equity. The base salary range for those working remotely outside of the San Francisco Bay Area may differ and will be determined by industry market data for the role and specific region.
Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of life to power the next generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and engineering of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. Mammoth aims to develop permanent genetic cures through best-in-class in vivo and ex vivo therapies and to democratize disease detection with on-demand diagnostics. Mammoth can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel Laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Redmile Group, Foresite Capital, Senator Investment Group, Sixth Street, Decheng, Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, along with leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, and Jeff Huber.
Our small-size proteins, such as Cas14 and CasPhi, are poised to transform disease treatment enabling novel editing approaches and delivery options that are difficult to achieve or not even possible with previously described CRISPR-Cas systems. Our teams are responsible for discovering and engineering novel CRISPR systems, establishing CRISPR-based diagnostics, and translating our unique CRISPR technology into therapeutic treatments with the ultimate goal of cures for indications with high medical need.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.
Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.