Technical Project Manager
Mammoth Brisbane /
R&D - Genome Editing & Protein Discovery – Genome Editing and Protein Discovery /
Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of nature to power the next-generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and development of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. By leveraging its internal research and development and exclusive licensing to patents related to Cas12, Cas13, Cas14 and CasPhi, Mammoth Biosciences can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Mammoth is democratizing disease detection with easy and affordable point-of-care tests that allow real-time and simultaneous detection of multiple conditions, along with high-throughput tests that allow for unprecedented testing volume. Further, the company is transforming disease treatment with its proprietary micro-sized CRISPR proteins that enable new editing and delivery options. Based in Brisbane, CA, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer Jennifer Doudna and principal founders Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Decheng, Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, and leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, Bob Nelsen, and Jeff Huber.
Mammoth is seeking a Technical Project Manager for its Discovery team. The Discovery team is responsible for identifying, screening and developing novel CRISPR-associated (Cas) nucleases for genome editing and in vitro diagnostic applications. The successful candidate will work closely with the department head and functional leads to manage scope, resourcing and scheduling for our enzyme discovery programs.
- Project management of the Cas nuclease discovery programs
- Collect and communicate business and research requirements with stakeholders to set expectations for research-related work
- Coordinate handoffs between sub-groups within Discovery and between Discovery and downstream applications teams for in vitro diagnostics and genome editing
- Document and track team-wide quarterly project schedules
- Document and manage project risks, issues and action items and document actions necessary to mitigate risks
- Generate documentation including project plans, reports, handoff agreements and transactions
- Design effective budget models for departments, and analyze project financials to ensure all operations are within budget
- Work with Discovery and Genome Editing teams to identify IP opportunities and help drive the inventions through the patent process
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or engineering
- Minimum 2 years project management experience in biotechnology
- Experience with project management tools (SmartSheet, MS Project, Primavera, Asana)
- Strong background in project and program management with related processes and techniques, including Agile/Scrum and Waterfall approaches
- Highly analytical with attention to detail
- PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics or a related field
- Direct experience managing synthetic biology, high-throughput screening, metagenomics or therapeutics programs.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Demonstrated leadership experience, including the ability to successfully influence others to achieve objectives in an environment of competing priorities
- Strong teamwork, work ethic and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.