Mammoth Brisbane /
R&D - Genome Editing & Protein Discovery – Genome Editing and Protein Discovery /
Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of nature to power the next generation of CRISPR products. Through metagenomics discovery and development of novel and proprietary CRISPR systems, the company is enabling innovative diagnostics and revolutionary medicines. Based in Brisbane, CA, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel Laureate Jennifer Doudna. At Mammoth, we are passionate about transforming lives through innovation.
Mammoth is seeking a talented Scientist with demonstrated expertise in non-viral nucleic acid delivery systems for in vivo genome editing and gene therapy. The ideal candidate will have direct hands-on experience in developing, formulating and characterizing lipid nanoparticles for CRISPR genome editing. Candidates must be able to work independently and comfortable collaborating with others in multidisciplinary teams.
- Initiate, direct, and perform experiments to develop and optimize non-viral delivery methodologies using lipid nanoparticle (LNP) and/or other nanoformulations for novel CRISPR systems
- Develop and execute assays assessing and characterizing LNP and novel nanoparticle formulations
- Manage direct reports and collaborate with cross-functional teams and external partners
- Record, document, analyze and present scientific data to senior staff and team members and participate in the writing of SOPs, reports, and manuscripts for external scientific communications
- PhD in Bioengineering, chemical engineering, Material Science, Chemistry, Biophysics, biochemistry or related field with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in lipid nanoparticle formulation development for nucleic acid delivery, analytical methods for LNP characterization, tissue culture, and molecular biology
- Hands-on experience with RNA therapeutics and chemical modifications of RNA
- Knowledge of drug delivery systems for gene therapy, lipid/polymer biophysics, and CMC concepts.
- Experience with genome editing technologies and LNP in vivo delivery
- Strong communication, presentation and data analysis skills
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching