Scientist II, Bioinformatics
Mammoth Brisbane, CA /
2100 - Therapeutics – R&D - Therapeutics /
Mammoth Biosciences is seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist II to join its growing team. The successful candidate will contribute towards Mammoth’s efforts to develop safe and effective therapeutic treatments for genetic diseases. The Scientist II, Bioinformatics will work closely with researchers, development teams and external partners to establish statistical analysis tools, help design assays and produce insights on the effects of our novel CRISPR systems. The scientist will also interact closely with the computational team to define and use internal tooling.
- Design statistical analysis pipelines for multi-omics data
- Work closely with the platform team to help optimize our novel CRISPR system
- Communicate solutions to a team of software and data engineers
- Organize and present data in internal and external meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- PhD with 1+ years of experience, MS with 4+ years of experience, or BS with 6+ years of experience in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, or a related field
- Experience in developing bioinformatic pipelines
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience using a digital LIMS system
- Experience modeling lab assays with LIMS system, preferably using Benchling
- Experience analyzing CRISPR related assays
- Experience communicating and visualizing results to computational and scientific teams
- Proficiency in R
- Experience working with cloud resources in AWS
- Experience working with workflow management systems (Prefect, Airflow, Nextflow)
- Experience writing code in a production environment (CI/CD, testing)
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Salary Range: $127,946 - $147,000
The listed base salary range is for Mammoth employees in the Bay Area. Actual base salary will be determined by geographic work location, relevant professional experience, applicable skills, and internal equity. The base salary range for those working remotely outside of the San Francisco Bay Area may differ and will be determined by industry market data for the role and specific region.
Mammoth Biosciences is a biotechnology company focused on leveraging its proprietary ultracompact CRISPR systems to develop long-term curative therapies, as well as other applications such as decentralized precision diagnostics. Founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington, the company’s ultracompact proteins are designed to enable in vivo gene editing in difficult to reach tissues utilizing both nuclease applications and new editing modalities beyond double stranded breaks, including base editing, gene writing, and epigenetic editing. The company is building out its pipeline of potential in vivo gene editing therapeutics and capabilities and has partnerships with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to broaden the reach of its innovative and proprietary technology. Mammoth’s deep science and industry experience, along with a robust and differentiated intellectual property portfolio, have enabled the company to further its mission to transform the lives of patients and deliver on the full promise of CRISPR technologies.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.
Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.