South San Francisco /
Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of nature to power the next generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and development of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. Mammoth aims to democratize disease detection with an easy and affordable point-of-care test that allows real-time and simultaneous detection of multiple conditions. By leveraging its internal research and development and exclusive licensing to Cas12, Cas13 and Cas14, Mammoth can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Based in San Francisco, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer Jennifer Doudna and principal founders Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, Decheng, and leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, and Jeff Huber.
Mammoth is looking for Systems Engineering and Integration professionals that will execute on a team of 5 to 9 persons. These positions are critical to Mammoth’s charter of using innovative CRISPR enzymes in diagnostic products. The Systems Engineering and Integration team will be the technical hub for integrating the chemistries, mechanics, electronics and control systems to commercially launch the future of molecular diagnostics.
- Work with a team of scientists and engineers from diverse fields to support Mammoth’s diagnostics product portfolio from concept through, verification and validation, design transfer and commercialization.
- Assemble and test prototype devices that execute CRISPR based molecular diagnostic assays.
- With the engineering design team, develop workflows and assembly instructions.
- Execute the draft assembly instructions and update the work instructions until ready for Design Transfer.
- Execute mechanical and electrical testing of prototypes.
- Record original data and provide data results to the engineering team.
- Evaluate the assembly and testing results with the engineering team.
- Maintain the assembly equipment within Mammoth’s Quality Management System (QMS) by ensuring all calibrated devices are within specification and providing documents to the QMS files.
- A minimum of 3 years industry working in a manufacturing development or engineering test team that is developing a high-tech product
- Experience in working on products that have been commercialized or will be commercialized within 3 years
- Experience with working with automated and semi-automated assembly and test instruments such as laser welders, ultrasonic welders, pressure decay test instruments
- Experience working in the medical device or IVD industry within a 21 CFR 820 quality management system
- Competitive salary with equity
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Free breakfast/lunch/dinner/barista
- Free gym
- Public transportation commuter subsidy
- 401(k) matching