Full Stack Software Engineer
R&D - Genome Editing & Protein Discovery – Genome Editing and Protein Discovery /
Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of nature to power the next-generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and development of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. By leveraging its internal research and development and exclusive licensing to patents related to Cas12, Cas13, Cas14 and CasPhi, Mammoth Biosciences can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Mammoth is democratizing disease detection with easy and affordable point-of-care tests that allow real-time and simultaneous detection of multiple conditions, along with high-throughput tests that allow for unprecedented testing volume. Further, the company is transforming disease treatment with its proprietary micro-sized CRISPR proteins that enable new editing and delivery options. Based in Brisbane, CA, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer Jennifer Doudna and principal founders Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Decheng, Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, and leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, Bob Nelsen, and Jeff Huber.
Mammoth is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to join its growing Gene Engineering Discovery (GEPD) team. The GEPD team is responsible for developing novel CRISPR-associated (Cas) nucleases for genome editing and diagnostic applications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building infrastructure, developing and implementing computational tools essential to the development of new genome editing and diagnostic tools. These tools will span a wide breadth of technical areas including automated plasmid construction, Next-Generation sequencing (NGS) analysis, metagenomics, biological data analysis, and additional projects. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with a diverse group of scientists and engineers to build new tools to beat COVID-19 and cure genetic disease.
- Build internal tools that can be used independently by biologists and other technical teams
- Design and build ReactJS-based web interfaces
- Rigorously maintain records of tools developed
- Work directly with technical teams to troubleshoot and improve pipelines
- Document and regularly present data at internal meetings
- 2 years of software engineering experience
- Experience with web development tools (ReactJS, HTML, CSS)
- Proficiency in Python, Linux (Bash), Django
- Experience with Native AWS Services (RDS, EC2)
- Familiarity with SQL database technologies
- Experience with git for code management
- Understanding of Docker
- Experience working with Terraform (infrastructure as code)
- Extended experience with AWS Services (EBS, Batch, Lambda, Step functions, etc…)
- Experience working with CI/CD systems (github actions)
- Record of working collaboratively with scientists and engineers
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong understanding of engineering best practices: design, testing, version control, documentation
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.