Engineer - Electrical
San Francisco /
Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of nature to power the next generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and development of novel CRISPR products. Through the discovery and development of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. Mammoth aims to democratize disease detection with an easy and affordable point-of-care test that allows real-time and simultaneous detection of multiple conditions. By leveraging its internal research and development and exclusive licensing to Cas12, Cas13 and Cas14, Mammoth can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Based in San Francisco, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer Jennifer Doudna and principal founders Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, Decheng and leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, and Jeff Huber.
Mammoth is seeking Electrical Engineer with expertise in circuit design and implementation for microfluidic control for its Diagnostic team. This team is focused on delivering at-home testing instrument-free testing device for respiratory and other illnesses using CRISPR.
The successful candidate needs to exhibit the ability to design analog and digital circuits for microfluidic control and optical excitation/detection platforms in a rapidly evolving startup environment. You will need to be ready to hit the ground running.
- Analog and digital circuit design and FPGA firmware development and implementation
- Design circuits for microfluidic control and optical excitation/detection platforms
- Prepare and implement test planning and test execution
- Conduct environmental testing, qualification of development and production hardware
- Design and build test fixtures for component and subsystem testing
- Work with cross functional teams to enable high volume manufacturing
- Minimum of a BS/MS in electrical engineering with 5+ years of experience in the field.
- Ability to design/troubleshoot at board-level
- Understanding of Motion Control systems –Design and Application
- Background in development of optical detection-based equipment a plus
- Ability to independently design, plan and schedule projects
- Critical thinker and creative problem solver
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic Programming skills, Python/C/C++ a plus
- Competitive salary with equity
- Full health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Free breakfast/lunch/dinner/barista
- Free gym
- Public transportation commuter subsidy
- 401(k) matching