Vice President/Senior Vice President of Nonclinical Development
Mammoth Brisbane, CA /
2100 - Therapeutics – R&D - Therapeutics /
Mammoth is seeking a VP/SVP of Nonclinical development. This person will be responsible for advancing our lead gene-editing drug candidates through IND submission. This role will be the nonclinical representative for pharmacology, and regulatory affairs. This role will interface with leaders across the company, including Platform Technology, Research and Early Development, Operations, Business Development, and Project management.
- Be accountable for IND-enabling activities, including toxicology, pharmacology, DMPK, and regulatory
- Lead the design and execution of a non-clinical development plan from candidate nomination through IND submission and curate nonclinical study packages supporting safety, toxicology, & pharmacokinetics
- Manage external partners related to non-clinical development, including consultants, and CROs
- Oversee, guide, and execute to long-term resourcing plan
- Oversee guide, and maintain annual budget and resource planning for non-clinical development activities
- Support company strategy, including target selection
- Ensure the completion of relevant sections of IND and other regulatory documents
- Recruiting, hiring, and ongoing development of new team members
- Present to internal and external stakeholders to ensure that nonclinical development strategy aligns with the overall goals and objectives of the company
- PhD in chemistry, biology, pharmacology, or related discipline or MD
- Minimum 15 years of drug development experience
- Overseen IND submissions in genetic medicine
- Experience managing CROs
- Experience in gene editing
- Strong understanding of regulatory guidelines and requirements for gene editing therapeutics
- Experience in developing and leading teams and fostering an environment of high morale
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Base Salary Range: $275,000 - $360,000
The listed base salary range is for Mammoth employees in the Bay Area. Actual base salary will be determined by geographic work location, relevant professional experience, applicable skills, and internal equity. The base salary range for those working remotely outside of the San Francisco Bay Area may differ and will be determined by industry market data for the role and specific region.
Mammoth Biosciences is a biotechnology company focused on leveraging its proprietary ultracompact CRISPR systems to develop long-term curative therapies, as well as other applications such as decentralized precision diagnostics. Founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington, the company’s ultracompact proteins are designed to enable in vivo gene editing in difficult to reach tissues utilizing both nuclease applications and new editing modalities beyond double stranded breaks, including base editing, gene writing, and epigenetic editing. The company is building out its pipeline of potential in vivo gene editing therapeutics and capabilities and has partnerships with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to broaden the reach of its innovative and proprietary technology. Mammoth’s deep science and industry experience, along with a robust and differentiated intellectual property portfolio, have enabled the company to further its mission to transform the lives of patients and deliver on the full promise of CRISPR technologies.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.
Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.