San Francisco /
Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of nature to power the next generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and development of novel CRISPR products. Through the discovery and development of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. Mammoth aims to democratize disease detection with an easy and affordable point-of-care test that allows real-time and simultaneous detection of multiple conditions. By leveraging its internal research and development and exclusive licensing to Cas12, Cas13 and Cas14, Mammoth can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Based in San Francisco, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer Jennifer Doudna and principal founders Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, Decheng and leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, and Jeff Huber.
The Project Manager will support our growing CRISPR-based molecular diagnostic programs as we bring them from concept to market. The PM will be responsible for planning, oversight, and management of projects in collaboration with the internal technical teams, external service providers and our partners to manage the development and implementation of new processes and procedures and oversight processes to support compliance.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing cross-functional projects, while maintaining a sustainable balance of workload and resources, and reporting project status to executive management
- Actively plan and drive cross-functional project teams to deliver against integrated, detailed plans within budget and timelines by highlighting tradeoffs and co-dependencies to meet overall goals and timelines
- Enable proactive communication in collaboration with functional directors and managers to assure integration of project, company, and functional goals towards achieving project milestones and timetables
- Document and manage project risks, issues and action items and document actions necessary to mitigate risks
- Drive strategic program and projects to align and integrate into company's short- and longterm objectives
- Develop, track, and analyze project’s key performance indicators (KPIs) including the effectiveness of technical strategies, regulatory pathways, project execution and product development risks (e.g., adherence to schedule, scope, resources), to provide management detailed status updates
- Oversight of all phases of the product development process (PDP) from Concept to Launch with understanding of Design Control principles to manage gate-keeping, design freezes, design reviews, change control, sign-offs, etc.
- Organize regular team meetings to drive progress, track and mitigate risks, resolve/escalate issues, and review action items
- Generate the necessary documentation and assist teams with creating project plans, protocols, reports, etc.
Minimum Requirements - Education or Experience (in years)
- Minimum of at least 5 years of program management experience in biotech space with educational background in molecular biology or genetics testing
- Certification or formal training in Program Management and experience using resource management tools
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management tools e.g. Asana, MS Project, advanced Excel abilities
- This applicant needs project management experience for diagnostic assay or similar products under IVD-FDA regulations.
Knowledge and Skills
- Lead the planning, execution, and delivery of the project with the product development process
- Exceptionally organized and process driven
- Cross-functional leader to guide complex product development and organizational growth
- Self-starter capable of formalizing organizational processes
- Influencer capable of balancing consensus perspectives and drive cohesive decisions
- Data-driven and structured approach to facilitate decision making
- Self-learner to navigate varying stakeholder needs along the development process (e.g., clinical studies to product launch)
- Competitive salary with equity
- Full health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and barista
- Free gym
- Public transportation commuter subsidy
- 401(k) matching