Vice President, Chief of Staff, Therapeutics
Mammoth Brisbane /
R&D - Therapeutics – R&D - Therapeutics /
Mammoth is seeking a Vice President, Chief of Staff to support our therapeutics team. The ideal candidate will be versatile and have strong project management skills. The successful candidate will have a diverse set of responsibilities including strategic initiatives, operational projects and team organization.
- Therapeutic project management
- Management of team goals and priorities
- Special strategic projects including portfolio strategy and team organization
- Operational tasks including agenda setting and distribution for meetings, support with external communication and documentation
- Review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure
- Bachelor’s degree with 15+ years of professional experience
- Experience working in an early stage biotech startup
- 2+ years project management experience
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Superb organizational skills
- Versatility and dedication to efficient productivity
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of life to power the next generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and engineering of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. Mammoth aims to develop permanent genetic cures through best-in-class in vivo and ex vivo therapies and to democratize disease detection with on-demand diagnostics. Mammoth can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel Laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Redmile Group, Foresite Capital, Senator Investment Group, Sixth Street, Decheng, Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, along with leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, and Jeff Huber.
Our small-size proteins, such as Cas14 and CasPhi, are poised to transform disease treatment enabling novel editing approaches and delivery options that are difficult to achieve or not even possible with previously described CRISPR-Cas systems. Our teams are responsible for discovering and engineering novel CRISPR systems, establishing CRISPR-based diagnostics, and translating our unique CRISPR technology into therapeutic treatments with the ultimate goal of cures for indications with high medical need.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.