Senior Scientist I/II, Translational In Vivo Pharmacology
Mammoth Brisbane, CA /
2100 - Therapeutics – R&D - Therapeutics /
Mammoth Biosciences has an incredible opportunity for an innovative and motivated individual to join our expanding therapeutics team. The primary role of this Senior Scientist I/II will be to drive and execute the preclinical in vivo proof of concept and IND-enabling studies for Mammoth preclinical programs, providing technical leadership to the project teams from discovery through IND-enabling studies.
This role requires excellent communication skills, in-depth knowledge of preclinical in vivo pharmacology (tissue targeting, PKPD relationships, efficacy models, safety assessment, etc.), and the ability to design translational studies to support future clinical activities. In this role, you will represent the in vivo team on interdisciplinary project teams to define, build, and optimize our diverse portfolio of preclinical programs.
- Identify, establish, and execute preclinical in vivo studies to support and advance Mammoth research programs.
- Establish and maintain IACUC protocols, amendments, and SOPs.
- Coordination and oversight of in vivo studies conducted at external CROs.
- Contribute to the discovery and preclinical pharmacology plans, including defining key milestones and decision points and timelines, identifying risks and mitigation strategies, study planning and execution, selection of therapeutic indications, and future IND filings
- Develop robust data packages, author accompanying reports to support regulatory filings
- Collaboration with project team members to coordinate research studies to meet project timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 8 years of experience; Master’s degree with 6 years of experience, or PhD with 3 years experience in related field (Senior Scientist I)
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 9 years of experience; Master’s degree with 7 years of experience, or PhD with 4 years experience in related field (Senior Scientist II)
- Expertise with in vivo technical skills and experimental design and execution, including various routes of administration (IV, PO, IP, and SC), sample collection, and minor surgical procedures
- Experience in the management of CROs, including evaluation/selection, setting up processes, and quality control
- Communication and troubleshooting skills, attention to detail, and ability to work productively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently with minimal to no supervision
- Meticulous experimental record keeping
- Prior experience with: Transgenic and humanized mouse models, Gene therapy or editing delivery with AAV and/or LNP
- Cell culture (human, mammalian, and tumor cells), flow cytometry, histology, and/or other molecular biology experience
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Base Salary Range: $102,600 - $215,250
The listed base salary range is for Mammoth employees in the Bay Area. Actual base salary will be determined by geographic work location, relevant professional experience, applicable skills, and internal equity. The base salary range for those working remotely outside of the San Francisco Bay Area may differ and will be determined by industry market data for the role and specific region.
Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of life to power the next generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and engineering of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. Mammoth aims to develop permanent genetic cures through best-in-class in vivo and ex vivo therapies and to democratize disease detection with on-demand diagnostics. Mammoth can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel Laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Redmile Group, Foresite Capital, Senator Investment Group, Sixth Street, Decheng, Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, along with leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, and Jeff Huber.
Our small-size proteins, such as Cas14 and CasPhi, are poised to transform disease treatment enabling novel editing approaches and delivery options that are difficult to achieve or not even possible with previously described CRISPR-Cas systems. Our teams are responsible for discovering and engineering novel CRISPR systems, establishing CRISPR-based diagnostics, and translating our unique CRISPR technology into therapeutic treatments with the ultimate goal of cures for indications with high medical need.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.
Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.