Research Associate - NGS Operations
Mammoth Brisbane /
R&D - Genome Editing & Protein Discovery – Genome Editing and Protein Discovery /
Mammoth Biosciences, Inc. is harnessing the diversity of nature to power the next-generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and development of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. By leveraging its internal research and development and exclusive licensing to patents related to Cas12, Cas13, Cas14 and CasPhi, Mammoth Biosciences can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Mammoth is democratizing disease detection with easy and affordable point-of-care tests that allow real-time and simultaneous detection of multiple conditions, along with high-throughput tests that allow for unprecedented testing volume. Further, the company is transforming disease treatment with its proprietary micro-sized CRISPR proteins that enable new editing and delivery options. Based in Brisbane, CA, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel Prize winner Jennifer Doudna and principal founders Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Decheng, Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, and leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, Bob Nelsen, and Jeff Huber.
Mammoth is currently seeking a talented Research Associate with experience in next-generation sequencing (NGS) to join our growing genome editing technology team. The ideal candidate will work closely and collaboratively with colleagues across different teams to execute and maintain NGS workflow to support the development of Cas nucleases.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to contribute broadly across technical areas, such as plasmid construction, mammalian cell culture, and high-throughput screening. This is an excellent development opportunity for researchers who want to learn new skills and start their career working on cutting-edge CRISPR technologies.
- Evaluate NGS libraries quality and execute sequencing on NGS instruments
- Maintain in-house NGS platform to meet priorities and deadlines
- Manage and order supplies and maintain equipment to meet company quality standards
- On broad additional assays to meet the NGS requirements of the organization
- Support mammalian cell maintenance and molecular cloning
- Accurately and timely record, document, analyze and communicate laboratory data to senior staff and team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field
- 1 year of academic or industry laboratory research experience with NGS sample preparation, quantification, and sequencing
- Prior experience working with laboratory automation systems
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills, excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with molecular cloning and mammalian tissue culture
- Working knowledge of different delivery strategies for mammalian cells
- Proficiency in NGS data analysis
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant data analysis software (Flowjo, GraphPad Prism, etc.).
- M.Sc. or equivalent in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Cell Biology, Genetics or Molecular Biology
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work efficiently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching