Research Associate - Assay Development
Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of nature to power the next-generation of
CRISPR products. Through the discovery and development of novel CRISPR systems, the
company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. Mammoth
aims to democratize disease detection with an easy and affordable point-of-care test that allows
real-time and simultaneous detection of multiple conditions. By leveraging its internal research
and development and exclusive licensing to Cas12, Cas13 and Cas14, Mammoth can provide
enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture,
biodefense and more. Based in San Francisco, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by
CRISPR pioneer Jennifer Doudna and principal founders Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and
Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Mayfield, NFX, and
8VC, Decheng and leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, and Jeff
Mammoth is seeking a Research Associate experienced in protein and nucleic acid biochemistry
techniques to support our research and product development teams. The ideal candidate will
have experience with in vitro assay development, nucleic acid extraction and amplification
techniques. Further, the candidate will be comfortable working as part of a team, be highly
motivated, and display excellent time management skills.
- Develop and validate nucleic acid extraction and amplification methods.
- Assist with in vitro assay development and verification.
- Document information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Resolve problems by examining and evaluating data and selecting corrective steps.
- Complete projects by assisting project team and attending and participating in group and project meetings
- Stay current in the field by participating in educational opportunities and reading relevant publications
- BS/BA or Masters in biology, chemistry or a related field
- 1+ years industry experience in molecular biology and biochemistry
- Ability to design and optimize experiments
- Exceptional skills in communication, presentations, data analysis, and interpretation
- Highly motivated and detail-oriented with the ability to think creatively towards efficient problem solving
- Competitive salary
- Full health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Free breakfast/lunch/dinner/barista
- Free gym
- Public transportation commuter subsidy
- 401(k) matching