Senior Research Associate - Clinical and Assay R&D
Mammoth Brisbane /
R&D - Diagnostics – R&D - Diagnostics /
Mammoth Biosciences, Inc. is harnessing the diversity of nature to power the next-generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and development of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. By leveraging its internal research and development and exclusive licensing to patents related to Cas12, Cas13, Cas14 and CasPhi, Mammoth Biosciences can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Mammoth is democratizing disease detection with easy and affordable point-of-care tests that allow real-time and simultaneous detection of multiple conditions, along with high-throughput tests that allow for unprecedented testing volume. Further, the company is transforming disease treatment with its proprietary micro-sized CRISPR proteins that enable new editing and delivery options. Based in Brisbane, CA, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel Prize winner Jennifer Doudna and principal founders Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Decheng, Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, and leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, Bob Nelsen, and Jeff Huber.
Mammoth is seeking a Senior Research Associate, Clinical and Assay R&D experienced in protein and nucleic acid biochemistry techniques to support our research and product development teams. The ideal candidate will have experience in nucleic acid extraction, CRISPR cis and trans cleavage assays, handling a variety of human clinical sample types and experience with laboratory processes involving clinical samples. Furthermore, the candidate will be comfortable working as part of a team, be highly motivated, and display excellent time management skills.
- Contribute to clinical sample processing and testing on CRISPR-diagnostic assays
- Establish and implement clinical workflow in a BSL 2+ laboratory
- Develop, validate, and improve CRISPR-diagnostic assays
- Conduct hands-on-experiments for sample processing, nucleic acid extraction, amplification, and related assays
- Perform data analysis of experiments and generate summaries for group meetings
- Document information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Resolve problems by examining and evaluating data and selecting corrective steps.
- Complete projects by assisting project team and attending and participating in group and project meetings
- Stay current in the field by participating in educational opportunities and reading relevant publications
- Bachelor’s in biology, chemistry or a related field
- 2+ years industry experience in molecular biology and biochemistry
- Experience processing different human sample types
- Experience with in vitro CRISPR cis and trans cleavage assays
- Experience with designing and optimizing nucleic acid amplification (e.g. qPCR) and/or other molecular biology protocols
- Desire to work with infectious human samples
- Ability to independently design, optimize and troubleshoot experiments
- Exceptional skills in communication, presentation, data analysis, and interpretation
- Highly motivated and detail-oriented with the ability to think creatively towards efficient problem solving
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching