Engineer - Automation
Genome Editing and Protein Discovery
Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of nature to power the next generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and development of novel CRISPR products. Through the discovery and development of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. Mammoth aims to democratize disease detection with an easy and affordable point-of-care test that allows real-time and simultaneous detection of multiple conditions. By leveraging its internal research and development and exclusive licensing to Cas12, Cas13 and Cas14, Mammoth can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Based in San Francisco, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer Jennifer Doudna and principal founders Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, Decheng and leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, and Jeff Huber.
Mammoth is seeking an Automation Engineer with expertise in biological laboratory automation to join its growing Discovery team. The Discovery group is responsible for developing novel CRISPR-associated (Cas) nucleases for genome editing and diagnostic applications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing automation scripts and maintaining several different laboratory automation platforms. The successful candidate will work closely with Discovery team researchers to design and execute experimental workflows.
- Develop automation scripts to Increase throughput of bench-scale workflows
- Consult and troubleshoot with researchers to ensure stable execution of established automation workflows
- Develop and execute maintenance plans for automation platforms
- Onboard new automation platforms to Mammoth
- 1 year experience in scripting and maintenance of biological laboratory automation
- Hands-on experience with any of the following: Tecan Evo, Agilent Bravo, QPix, fragment analyzers
- Experience integrating laboratory automation with information management systems
- Hands-on experience with automated workflows for E. coli cultivation, determination of nucleic acid concentration, colony picking, protein purification, PCR and NGS library preparation
- Competitive salary with equity
- Full health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Free breakfast/lunch/dinner/barista
- Free gym
- Public transportation commuter subsidy
- 401(k) matching