Research Associate - Sample Prep
Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of nature to power the next generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and development of novel CRISPR products. Through the discovery and development of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. Mammoth aims to democratize disease detection with an easy and affordable point-of-care test that allows real-time and simultaneous detection of multiple conditions. By leveraging its internal research and development and exclusive licensing to Cas12, Cas13 and Cas14, Mammoth can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Based in San Francisco, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer Jennifer Doudna and principal founders Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, Decheng and leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, and Jeff Huber.
Mammoth is seeking a Research Associate experienced in protein and nucleic acid biochemistry techniques to support our research and product development teams. The ideal candidate will have experience with in vitro assay development, nucleic acid extraction and amplification techniques. Further, the candidate will be comfortable working as part of a team, be highly motivated, and display excellent time management skills.
- Assist in developing, validating, and improving CRISPR-diagnostic assays
- Conduct hands-on-experiments for nucleic acid extraction, amplification, and related assays
- Perform data analysis of experiments and generate summaries for group meetings
- Document information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Resolve problems by examining and evaluating data and selecting corrective steps.
- Complete projects by assisting project team and attending and participating in group and project meetings
- Stay current in the field by participating in educational opportunities and reading relevant publications
- Bachelor's or Master's in biology, chemistry or a related field
- 1+ years industry experience in molecular biology and biochemistry
- Experience with designing and optimizing nucleic acid amplification (e.g. qPCR) and/or other molecular biology protocols
- Experience processing different human sample types
- Ability to design and optimize experiments
- Exceptional skills in communication, presentations, data analysis, and interpretation
- Highly motivated and detail-oriented with the ability to think creatively towards efficient problem solving
- Experience in Python, JMP, and/or other data analysis tools a plus
- Competitive salary
- Full health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Free breakfast/lunch/dinner/barista
- Free gym
- Public transportation commuter subsidy
- 401(k) matching