Senior Research Associate - Gene Editing Specificity
Mammoth Brisbane, CA /
2100 - Therapeutics – R&D - Therapeutics /
Mammoth is currently seeking a creative and detail-oriented Senior Research Associate with experience in next generation sequencing (NGS), molecular biology, and cell culture to join our Specificity team. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively and cross-functionally with colleagues to develop and execute NGS workflows to support off-target discovery and validation for preclinical programs.
- Develop and execute in-house NGS workflows, including the following:
- Off-target enrichment and NGS library preparation and validation of off-target sites discovered
- Genomic DNA extraction and purification
- Timely reporting of data, analysis, or/and status updates
- Contribute to development and implementation of sample and data management tools
- Develop and execute NGS-based assays to meet the technical needs across teams
- Detailed, accurate, and timely documentation of experimental procedures, data, and analysis, including meticulous sample tracking and data management
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, genome sciences, biochemistry, or a related field
- 2+ years of industry research or laboratory operations experience in or related to next generation sequencing
- Experience or proficiency in NGS sample preparation and data analysis
- Experience in applying NGS to answer research questions or solve scientific problems
- Working familiarity with quantification instruments such as Qubit, TapeStation, NanoDrop, qPCR machines, etc.
- Experience operating Illumina sequencers (e.g. MiSeq, NextSeq)
- Experience or proficiency with SQL as well as data analysis tools such as JMP, R, etc.
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Base Salary Range: $76,000 - $105,000
The listed base salary range is for Mammoth employees in the Bay Area. Actual base salary will be determined by geographic work location, relevant professional experience, applicable skills, and internal equity. The base salary range for those working remotely outside of the San Francisco Bay Area may differ and will be determined by industry market data for the role and specific region.
Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of life to power the next generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and engineering of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. Mammoth aims to develop permanent genetic cures through best-in-class in vivo and ex vivo therapies and to democratize disease detection with on-demand diagnostics. Mammoth can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel Laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Redmile Group, Foresite Capital, Senator Investment Group, Sixth Street, Decheng, Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, along with leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, and Jeff Huber.
Our small-size proteins, such as Cas14 and CasPhi, are poised to transform disease treatment enabling novel editing approaches and delivery options that are difficult to achieve or not even possible with previously described CRISPR-Cas systems. Our teams are responsible for discovering and engineering novel CRISPR systems, establishing CRISPR-based diagnostics, and translating our unique CRISPR technology into therapeutic treatments with the ultimate goal of cures for indications with high medical need.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.
Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.