San Mateo, CA USA
Man Crates is on the search for an experienced Product Manager to lead our Platform team in building the world’s best gifting platform.
The Platform is the foundation for delightful customer experiences and efficient internal tools; it’s the most important piece of infrastructure at Man Crates. We succeed as a team when we ship features that create broad new opportunities for other teams within the company and when we improve the reliability and performance of our system.
You’ll use your deep technical knowledge and strong communication skills to collaborate with multiple teams across the company to build the world’s best gifting platform! You’ll work with our Merchandising team to create new ways for customers to design gifts. You’ll work with our Marketing team to ensure customers have a seamless experience after they walk through the (metaphorical) front door, and you’ll work with our Operations team to optimize our logistics to ensure customers get their gifts as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Who are we you ask?
We’re a young business maniacally focused on creating awesome gifts. We’re fully-funded, profitable, and oozing with ambition. We have an all-family friendly work environment, competitive salaries, great perks, and aggressive growth goals with lots of room for you to succeed and grow with us. If you're seeking a fast-paced, high-growth startup with solid financial footing where you can become master of your own destiny and have a huge individual impact, then you should join Team Man Crates!
We work in small teams with huge goals of innovating products and systems that push the envelope on how people buy and send gifts online. We harness the creative integration of desktop, mobile and physical product experiences to make sending and receiving gifts memorable and fun. We’re huge on design thinking, gathering qualitative and quantitative feedback from our customers and collaborating across business functions.
We take our work very seriously, and ourselves not so much.
Ranked as #51 in Inc. 5000 2016 fastest-growing private companies in America!!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Guide a cross-functional software development team
- Facilitate collaboration and creative problem solving across teams
- Converge ideas into development plans and own final decisions
- Develop detailed, clear plans for teams via specifications and timelines
- Communicate product roadmaps and outcomes of your product work
- Leverage data to inform decision-making and guide product direction
- Develop and evolve a process that fits the team
- Provide simple and consistent feedback to broader organization
- Respond to feedback and negotiate trade-offs
- Research product domain in depth to build successful products
- Understand our technology stack to make trade-offs against complexity
- Make time for strategic thinking, you spend time working on the most valuable things
Skills & Experience
- 4+ years product management experience, with at least 2 years at a consumer-focused company
- Strong collaborator who is enthusiastic about working cross-functionally with other teams while balancing the needs of our customers
- Strong critical analytical reasoning skills
- Technically literate; you understand how web and mobile applications work
- Mastery of an analytics tool (preferably Google Analytics and/or MixPanel)
- Curious and inquisitive - always wanting to learn more and continue growth