San Mateo, CA USA /
Why We Want You!
You love wearing many different hats, and you’re excited to do whatever is needed to help the team win. You’re detail-oriented, a great multi-tasker, and have the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of people, partners and customers. Whether you are working on your own projects or supporting your teammates or spotting areas where you can help out - - you jump at the chance to help Man Crates create awesome gifts for men.
About Man Crates
Man Crates is an established business, maniacally focused on creating awesome gifts for men. For over nine years we have been building amazing products that provide unforgettable experiences for gifters and the men in their lives. We sell online through our own e-commerce site as well as through other channels. Over 70% of our customers are women and we operate in the US and International markets.
Man Crates has a family friendly work environment, competitive salaries, great perks, and aggressive growth goals. There’s plenty of room for you to succeed and to grow with us.
For more info on Man Crates, check us out at www.ManCrates.com.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Office Administration – Maintaining our physical “home” in San Mateo, including ensuring that we have a safe, well-stocked workplace, and that the significant volume of merchandise and mail that we receive is routed properly. Supporting our colleagues to work effectively remotely.
- Recruiting support – We’re hiring! … and we need support in coordinating our screening, interview, and onboarding processes.
- PeopleOps support – We have great employees at Man Crates and they occasionally have questions about Payroll, Benefits, getting set up on our systems, etc. You'll be on the front lines helping them get the answers they need.
- Compliance – Supporting the annual benefits renewal process, maintaining the Employee Handbook, helping with the administration of annual training programs such as Anti-Harassment.
- Culture champion – Helping us all maintain connections with each other from afar! This could include organizing events such our annual Holiday Party and Day of Service. Supporting our culture and values. Managing and summarizing Employee Satisfaction Surveys.
- Hardware and software support coordination – Serving as the internal point of contact for IT issues and coordinating with our outsourced IT group for resolution.
Skills and Experience
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to accept additional responsibilities and assist others as needed
- Great sense of humor
- Resourcefulness and hustle!
- You will be expected to be in the San Mateo office two days per week.
- Experience with retail and/or working at an e-commerce company is a plus.