Lead QA Engineer
Farmington Hills or Remote (US only) /
Mango Languages is an industry leader in providing engaging language-learning experiences to millions of users around the globe. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms, our software uses real-world conversations (in 74 languages and counting!) and cultural insights to share world languages with public library patrons, students, corporate employees, government officials, and learners of all ages.
Are you passionate about quality? Are you a problem solver with a knack for automation? Do you understand the nuts and bolts of software development and quality assurance processes? If the answer to those questions is a resounding yes, you might be destined to become a member of the Mango Languages team. We’re looking for an all-star Lead QA Engineer to join Mango Languages’ engineering team. You’ll be working behind the scenes to lead our efforts in automating our regression testing suite and keeping it up to date.
- Write automated tests to validate Web, iOS, and Android applications
- Work with other engineering leads to instrument tests and understand existing code structure and requirements
- Create, expand, and maintain a regression test suite for all of our platforms
- Lead, mentor, and train a team of other QA personnel
- Participate in the planning stages of our PDLC process in order to understand, clarify, and capture acceptance criteria
- Triage and document bugs
- Other duties as assigned, including a willingness to participate in cross-functional projects.
- Strong organizational ability
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great communication skills
- Demonstrable critical-thinking skills
- Ability to understand complex system integrations
- Good interpersonal skillsHigh degree of technical proficiency
- Ability to attend stand-ups and meetings in the Eastern time zone consistently
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 6 years of automated testing or programming experience in a professional environment
- 3 years of experience working as an automation / test engineer
- Ability to use tools and program in languages related to automated testing, e.g. git, travis ci, cucumber / gherkin, java, ruby, etc
- If you do not meet every requirement listed here, but feel you are qualified for this position - please apply and include a cover letter to explain why you are a good fit for this role.
Mango was founded to empower deeper human connections through language. We believe that language is an adventure; a journey to be embarked on by those of a bold and curious spirit, and a passion to connect more deeply with their global friends. Our award-winning language-learning system is powered by proven methodologies and world-class learning content. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms, our software is designed to establish retention and rapidly build conversation skills through smart, adaptive technology.
Mango Languages is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, height, weight, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category. All employment decisions are made solely on the merit and capability of an individual applicant.